Match Thread: Oxford United v Lincoln City | Page 25 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Oxford United v Lincoln City

Pleased thats over. Was Edun really injured or waiting a move, Jamie Robson to come in ?
MA saying Edun out until the Cambridge game. He warned his players in the dressing room not to put their hands up for being injured after today !! Suspect the same team Tuesday after that performance.

If you watch back the Wycombe game, you'll see him jar his knee as he slid to try and win the ball back early in the first half and struggle along for a fair amount of time after that.

What I can't understand is that professional athletes are signed either not fit or injured. Pre season was a write-off, I doubt anyone got any benefit out of it. Clearly a number of clubs have playoff hangovers, however it does not help matters signing players who are either injured or not 100% fit. That does not compute with me.

There are times so far this season where we remind me far too much of FGR. Nicely nicely knocking it around but not much determination or desire to get stuck into a side when things aren't going well...

No such weak shit under the Cowleys!

Relegation scrap awaits I’m afraid OG …. woeful today bar the last 10 mins.

A few signings needed who aren’t sicknotes by deadline day fingers crossed.
Kev, it is ludicrous to judge Lincoln's entire season on the basis of a scratch side. They are missing Maguire, Edun, Hopper, Nlundulu, Walsh, Sanders and Eyoma plus anyone who arrives before the transfer deadline. You really think that side will be in a relegation battle? Not in a million years.

There are five games gone, forty-one remaining, Lincoln are six points behind the automatic promotion places. We could also add that Lincoln have been unlucky in having to play two of the promotion favourites away from home with half a team; they couldn't have been playing Crewe and Doncaster, could they?

How about focusing on some positives instead? Despite the injury problems, Scully already has six in seven games, Bishop looks a terrific acquisition, Bridcutt is fit and back to his best, and Eyoma is back permanently. Now add the missing players. I prefer to look forward to that.

Do we think he is on his way? Is that why we have not signed anyone until the cash is in?
I'd be surprised if Tayo is still our player on Wednesday. There is a suggestion we have already accepted one bid for him, but that the move was declined by him. He's looked terrific so far and wouldn't be at all surprised if others came knocking.

That said I'd love to be wrong. He's a terrific player and we're so much better with him.

I'd be surprised if Tayo is still our player on Wednesday. There is a suggestion we have already accepted one bid for him, but that the move was declined by him. He's looked terrific so far and wouldn't be at all surprised if others came knocking.

That said I'd love to be wrong. He's a terrific player and we're so much better with him.
Thanks mate I'm out the loop on this one.What is encouraging though is the progress that Tayo has experienced in the last 12 months. The plan works!

Trying to look at the positives from the game. We were much better in the 2nd half, after a very poor 1st half. Oxford have been consistently good for a couple of seasons and i expect them to be right up there this season. So we know we were up against stiff opposition. Bishop looked good, Bramhall was useful down the left with his pace.
I think we need to draw a line and say all that has happened was pre-season- The season starts here. Lot of work to do to get us up to div 1 standard.

Its a sad indictment of the poor performance of Radio Lincs and the Echo when none of us know if Tayo was injured today, or missing because he is on his way out.
It wa s on Radio Lincs this pm prior to the game that Tayo picked up an injury yesterday in training , along with one other player I cant remember which one . I suggest that you resist the urge to criticize when it is not justified . !

It wa s on Radio Lincs this pm prior to the game that Tayo picked up an injury yesterday in training , along with one other player I cant remember which one . I suggest that you resist the urge to criticize when it is not justified . !
Not justified?? We were down to the bare bones before training yesterday, so to lose Hopper & Edun is unforgivable …. what the hell are they doing with the coaches to be dropping like flies like this?