Match Thread: Oldham Athletic v Lincoln City | Page 28 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Oldham Athletic v Lincoln City

On another matter, there was an accusation from the injured player that was stretchered off that one of our management team spat on him while he was on the floor (possibly because he felt the player was play acting). If that is true, it may explain why the Oldham worked so hard in the second half and why their striker took down Vickers (booking, not sending off in my opinion - looks worse from the camera angle than it did from behind the goal).

I have not seen this reported anywhere elsewhere. Watching on IFollow Mike Hine was helping their physio from almost the first second so the seriousness of the injury was clear. Danny went to him and gave him a pat as he was being treated and did the same as he was stretchered off. Didn't see anyone else go to him. Where has this come from??

I am going to make this point again because it is worth making.

Take a look at this run of games:
Carlisle (H) - the third best away record in the division
Colchester (A) - the third best home record in the division
Forest Green (H) - the best away record in the division
Northampton (H) - had won 6 out of their last 7 games
Mansfield (H) - one league defeat all season
Oldham (A) - only five teams have conceded fewer goals

We lost just one of those. That is pretty good in my book.

EDIT: I might add that we have to visit Stevenage after Carlisle (who have the third best away record in the division, remember): Stevenage have just one point less than we do at home and beat MKD last time out.

We will not have a more challenging run of games all season.

The context is important. We're tough to beat but we've just lacked that cutting edge, be that due to poor decision making or tough luck.

The need for an inquest after each game does puzzle me. Yes, review and analyse the game but don't make sweeping statements based on 90 minutes of play. It's not even a case of turning it around or "staying committed to the cause" as those comments are better suited to clubs the bottom half.

I have not seen this reported anywhere elsewhere. Watching on IFollow Mike Hine was helping their physio from almost the first second so the seriousness of the injury was clear. Danny went to him and gave him a pat as he was being treated and did the same as he was stretchered off. Didn't see anyone else go to him. Where has this come from??
I would like to know as well!Obviously disgusting if true But surely not,even in this week of club shocks!

It's not about covering for 1 game, and in anycase we've had players out for more than that recently, which has co-incided with a bad spell. I'm talking about squad players challenging the first team for a start. Competition. We pretty much know who the first X1 will be at the moment, and it's not a winning team. Apart from 2 from 3- Freck/ O'Connor/Pett in central midfield. You know they say don't change a winning team. We don't change a drawing team, because...who is there?

Wharton - Championship player with 3 year contract
Wilson -Full International
Frecklington - Championship captain
Gordon - Championship loanee 2 goals in last 2 games
Green - Championship player, 17 goals last season
Rhead - 48 goals for the club

Yes indeed who is there?

...or the fact that the teams we have been playing are actually better than some of our followers are able to give credit for.
It’s that sense of entitlement Danny was on about, the opposition are allowed to play well.
Don't forget last two the opposition keeper has got motm too.
Fine margins as someone often says.
Agreeing with you btw

Two seasons ago we knocked Oldham out of the cup .It was regarded as a massive achievement .Two seasons later we lock horns in the same league .Is this how far we have come or how far Oldham have fallen? A bit of both I guess. Oldham remain worthy adversaries ,every team in this league does. That's the reality .

And we WOULD have won comfortably but for a stunning performance by the Oldham keeper. So if we keep on doing what we're doing there will be more great results than not.
And the disappointment of Tuesday will just fire up our players even more

Sorry for the late response. This came from a steward who overheard the complaints of the player. 3rd hand heresay and easily dismissed in legal arenas, but I suppose it is a matter of waiting to see if any complaint is forthcoming.

On another matter, there was an accusation from the injured player that was stretchered off that one of our management team spat on him while he was on the floor (possibly because he felt the player was play acting). I
If that were true then I would expect the member of the management team to be sacked whoever it was. No excuses. However, I expect it to be complete bollocks so unless proved otherwise that is how I wil treat it.

If that were true then I would expect the member of the management team to be sacked whoever it was. No excuses. However, I expect it to be complete bollocks so unless proved otherwise that is how I wil treat it.
Also doubt the Cowleys would accept with there very high values/ standards.