Match Thread: Oldham Athletic v Lincoln City | Page 20 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Oldham Athletic v Lincoln City

Looked poor: dreadful set plays, lack of commitment, cannot seem to score. Their ten men put in a real shift.

Need, some changes, the opposition have worked us out: draw us forward and attack quickly on the counter.

well we did have plenty of good chances, but didn't put them away. Akinde must have had 4 or 5 decent chances. So yes, we are getting him into a good position to have a strike, but his finishing was poor.

That was a shocking second half from the Imps. With a spare man you should be playing the ball around to feet, and use the width of the pitch, especially with the so-called quality players we have. What do we do - spend the whole of the second half hitting high balls into the box for their central defenders to clear, time and again. DC said before the game that Oldham have a wide pitch, so why did we not use the width of the pitch & stretch Oldham. Also, the amount of times we played misplaced passes picked up by their players through the middle. Think we got this one very very wrong. Credit to Oldham, they went for it despite being down to 10 men, and on another day could very easily have nicked another goal.

That was Sunday league stuff. No football played by us at all. Long ball bore. As for set pieces, an absolute joke. As said previously, what on earth is being practiced on the training ground. Nobody could cross a dead ball. Simple stuff. If we are not going to play any football, at least do the simple stuff well. Missed someone to get the ball down and get us playing. Only O'Connor in midfield did anything, other three + McCartan not in the game. So bored of how many times Bossie or Shack just hoofed a diagonal. Any positives? An away point. But that was against ten men for 45mins. I'll sleep on it!!

Yep. We tried to dictate from the halfway line. Way way too predictable. Created one chance with decent interplay around the box, where rhead had a shot saved.

Thought we would see wingers and fullbacks doubling up and taking the ball wide against ten. And confident midfielders passing from side to side.

But no. it looked a lot like last year. Bang long diagonals from 60 yards and play for scraps. Which very rarely comes off. frustrating backward step tonight.

Anderson, Akinde and O'Connor to name a few could do with a sit on the bench for a while I think. Need to freshen things up urgently, which seems crazy to say having just had 2 weeks off.

9 corners wasted tonight, if we're working on them in training it's not showing in the match.
Too much clever shite and not enough being put in the danger zone IMHO

MOTM was Shackell for me. At least he can pass the ball to feet. Hoof, hoof, hoof and hoof. Surely, Nicky doesn't coach that into them? Player ratings are going to be difficult.An assortment of ? on display this evening.

Shoot me, but Akinde might be a great player for some of you, but strikers get paid to score and he had a couple of sitters that should have been put away, he seems unable to find the net. A generally poor all round effort tonight against 10 men. Lots of hit and hoof!