Match Thread: Notts County v Lincoln City | Page 28 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Notts County v Lincoln City

The penalty looked like it was on target to me in the highlights at least, and the keeper tipped it round the post. So a decent-ish penalty, denied by a good save.

Hope this gives more clarity.decent comments from the Notts fans.
check 7.20 of this video...looks to me the pen goes wide of the post and not a save(as i thought on the day,i was a long way off.

If you are in the gutter and fighting for points then Doyle is a very decent signing.
Spent the 90 mins doubling up in front of Akinde when balls were played up to him and the remainder influencing the ref at close quarters.plus kicking lumps out of Danny Rowe.
He has promotion credentials(Coventry and Pompey) let`s hope he leads County to take points off our promotion rivals.

check 7.20 of this video...looks to me the pen goes wide of the post and not a save(as i thought on the day,i was a long way off.

To be honest Notts have gone up in my estimation. Friendly stewards, as was the one Notts fan I spoke to, and the atmosphere in the ground although lively didn’t have that unpleasant edge you get against Mansfield and Grimsby.

It was amusing on the video to see the elderly Notts fan videoing the noisy Imps fans.

The Notts fans on the video spoke well and quite rightly focused on their own team and it was refreshing that they didn’t slag us off, other than to say we don’t like it when decisions go against us but who does?

I hope they stay up. It’d be a bad day for the Football League to exchange Notts for Salford.

If you are in the gutter and fighting for points then Doyle is a very decent signing.
Spent the 90 mins doubling up in front of Akinde when balls were played up to him and the remainder influencing the ref at close quarters.plus kicking lumps out of Danny Rowe.
He has promotion credentials(Coventry and Pompey) let`s hope he leads County to take points off our promotion rivals.
Is this the guy who roughed up the penalty spot before our penalty?

Blimey yes. Not a good penalty.

Rowe ended the game with blood on his face. Doyle was shit-housing all day and yet stayed in the pitch.

If anybody is interested i found out the reason today why we could only have 4285 tickets in a stand that holds about 5700.Health and Safety ! Apparently the concourses under the stand are not fit/safe to hold a full stand even if they wanted it to.

If anybody is interested i found out the reason today why we could only have 4285 tickets in a stand that holds about 5700.Health and Safety ! Apparently the concourses under the stand are not fit/safe to hold a full stand even if they wanted it to.
Thought that was common knowledge?
It's crazy they've built a stand with insufficient facilities.

Doyle of County v Bishop of the Stags will be a good contest on Saturday. Both 37, actually a day off from sharing a birthday and both amongst the most combatative and best midfielders in the league. A yellow each at least would be a decent bet.

Tbf the coop is quite similar, the seats are very crammed in, in both stands.
Like you say different rules back then clearly.
I certainly wouldn't want to have to get out in a hurry if there were an emergency. Getting out of the stand at the end of the game is torture, god only knows what it would be like if there were some problem.