Match Thread: Notts County v Lincoln City | Page 25 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Notts County v Lincoln City

Having been in the doldrums for several years before Danny arrived, have we now been spoiled by success?
Some of the posts on here have had some constructive points in them but others have been way over the top. Along with the other forums which don't really deserve a mention, even Danny has been getting a fair amount of stick.
If he and the players look at these sites, and i am sure they do, they must be asking themselves 'what do they want?'
Champions of the Nationbal League, FA Cup quarterfinalists, win a cup at Wembley etc etc.
Let's not encourage them to move on please.

Having been in the doldrums for several years before Danny arrived, have we now been spoiled by success?
Some of the posts on here have had some constructive points in them but others have been way over the top. Along with the other forums which don't really deserve a mention, even Danny has been getting a fair amount of stick.
If he and the players look at these sites, and i am sure they do, they must be asking themselves 'what do they want?'
Champions of the Nationbal League, FA Cup quarterfinalists, win a cup at Wembley etc etc.
Let's not encourage them to move on please.
Get where you are coming from, but I suspect DC and the players have strong enough character to not be affected by such trivial matters. DC will certainly be intelligent enough to understand "you can't please all of the people....", and I very much doubt he has the spare time to peruse these forums.

I often think if I was a football manager I’d ask my media team to do some sort of highlights package across social media / forums. I know it’s not necessarily representative of the silent majority but it’s still a source of feedback. I think some of the guff (and good stuff) could potentially be used for motivational purposes.

OK, we wernt at the races yesterday, particularly that 1st half, but but not enough credit being given to Notts, that was definitely not a bottom of the entire league performance. We've perhaps been a tad unlucky to meet them after the January transfer window, if Notts continue to play like that, they may yet survive.

The keeper did save it- ref gave a corner rightly and then was over-ruled by the County players and changed his mind

Good for young Schofield. Both Hortin and Tommo were saying he looked nervous prior to that; clearly not nervous enough ?.

A couple of points on recent comments above.

Anderson was not ft enough to play 90 minutes. Danny said so before the game - he had not trained all week. So it was logical to play McCarten and move Rowe into Anderson's position knowing that Anderson could only play for 45. That isn't really tinkering as some have said.

Some good comments on the midfield. I've noticed for the past 6 weeks that Freck is way too negative in his passing, and that in turn affects O'Connor. We looked much better in midfield when Bostwick played there and O'Connor can play a little further forward. Freck doesn't seem confident enough in his fitness to make the forward runs that were a big part of his game.

The slight downside of the January signings is that we now have so many choices in midfield and up front (and in goal). It does worry me slightly that we might not have a settled line up for the run in.

Let's face it, we play a very defensive game. One up top with a deep-sitting mid-field. It has been very effective so far. It isn't always great to watch.

I have an ongoing discussion with Imp79 about this and we both agree that, occasionally, it might be worth playing 2 up top and trying to put weaker teams to the sword. But I don't see that ever happening.

On another point, am I right that Rowe was moved out wide? Why on earth would you do that with a player who has just scored 3 goals in 2 games playing centrally in the link role?

Think reason was Anderson not fully fit so Rowe seen as best replacement for right wing position.
Agree though that Rowe looks currently the best number 10. So think first choice if all fit will be Anderson on wing and Rowe behind centre forward.

I believe the reason why some so called fans are coming out with ill informed and aggressive criticism is because they aren’t primarily Imps ‘supporters’ at all. Inevitably many of the new fans we’ve attracted have come from the TV Premier League world of instant gratification where people drift their allegiance from club to club. For many the Imps are their second club and will be dropped if our fortunes dip.
I found it strange in a Nottingham pub yesterday to see people in Imps colours avidly supporting Spurs in the televised match. In the past when there’ve been TV games on in the Centre Spot Imps fans have taken a passing interest. I gained the impression yesterday that many were more interested in the Premier League than the Imps.

At the end of the day the reason we are top of League 2 is because Danny and Nicky Cowley are bloody good managers and coaches.

It’s not because of the insight and opinions of the supporters.

The only sensible thing the supporters can do is back everything those two think is right. The evidence so far, is it invariably is.

After all the stuff that happened at County last week, the Chairman making an idiot of himself, 5 or 6 new players coming in, big game against the table toppers, we were either going to win easily OR they would get a reaction. They got the latter and before the game would have settled for a point, had a bad feeling about yesterday. Will be interesting to see County's form for the rest of the season , got the feeling they will turn some decent teams over, hope one of those is Mansfield. End of the day its what WE do on the pitch, but its nice to get a helping hand occasionally !!
Some home games at last, the lovely A17 !
UTI.

I think Mansfield will beat them, we gave them a 1-0 start and still could and possibly should have won... they aren’t that special, they are bottom and turned in a reasonable performance against us, we weren’t that good yesterday. It’s history - move on.

The old adage of win your home games and get a point away stands up well. Two awkward games at Bury and Notts undefeated and our unbeaten run is I think now 8 games with two homes to come.
Exactly that. To emphasise an earlier point, we have had 6 of our last 8 games away from home; in that time, we have extended our lead over fourth place. If that represents failure as some seem to think, then they live in a different universe to me.

I believe the reason why some so called fans are coming out with ill informed and aggressive criticism is because they aren’t primarily Imps ‘supporters’ at all. Inevitably many of the new fans we’ve attracted have come from the TV Premier League world of instant gratification where people drift their allegiance from club to club. For many the Imps are their second club and will be dropped if our fortunes dip.
I found it strange in a Nottingham pub yesterday to see people in Imps colours avidly supporting Spurs in the televised match. In the past when there’ve been TV games on in the Centre Spot Imps fans have taken a passing interest. I gained the impression yesterday that many were more interested in the Premier League than the Imps.
Totally disagree.I watched Spurs in the pub yesterday and i know a few others that support them and Lincoln.I like the football they play however my team is Lincoln.

I think Mansfield will beat them, we gave them a 1-0 start and still could and possibly should have won... they aren’t that special, they are bottom and turned in a reasonable performance against us, we weren’t that good yesterday. It’s history - move on.
I see earlier posters are expecting County to do us a favour against Mansfield . Absolutely no chance of that they will beat them 3 or 4 -1!

On reflection i dont feel its a good point at all.Not much seems to have been made of they had a young,nervous looking 19year old in goal and they had i think 5 debutants in there team who barely have trained together,also an aged team.Akinde needs more support up front,442 anybody? Also if you dont shoot you dont score and we may have controlled the second half in some peoples eyes but did we have a sustained 10minute period of pressure with our superb players ,nope.
Im afraid its a very disappointing and bang average performance by the top team in the league against the worst.