Match Thread: Northampton Town v Lincoln City | Page 9 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Northampton Town v Lincoln City

According to radio, if it wasn't for Vickers we could have been three or four down. Lots of gaps, no midfield, no penetration. Saved by the Josh the goalie. Needs changing. Drop the fancy and silly formation and go to a 4-3-3.

All that matters on the opening day is the result. We're set up for a 1-0 Cowley classic.

Underwhelmed by the first half. Attacking formation but still going long. Some gelling required, along with practising how to head the ball back to the keeper firmly. If Northants had a decent goal-scorer we good be 4 down and Vickers has performed well.

i think we should change to 442... bring on pett and / or Andrade for waterfall and a forward.

According to radio, if it wasn't for Vickers we could have been three or four down. Lots of gaps, no midfield, no penetration. Saved by the Josh the goalie. Needs changing. Drop the fancy and silly formation and go to a 4-3-3.
Yes, Jeff we know as most of us exiles are listing in via iFollow.

We improved from shocking to very average so by the end of the game we should be flying
I would take Wilson & Akinde off and bring on Rhead & Anderson/Andrade

agreed... excellent improvements. Cameraman appears drunk though.

Caneraman not changed from last year. Still gets too close to the action sometimes when he needs to pan out a bit and show a wider angle so we can see the play developing. Also lovely shots of the corner flag and three Northampton supporters sitting in the back of the stand opposite while theres nothing else going on, or he thinks there isnt.

442. Rule no. 1, don't concede. I'd be happy with 0-0 away at an ex league 1 side for the opening game. If we nick a goal, great.

Caneraman not changed from last year. Still gets too close to the action sometimes when he needs to pan out a bit and show a wider angle so we can see the play developing. Also lovely shots of the corner flag and three Northampton supporters sitting in the back of the stand opposite while theres nothing else going on, or he thinks there isnt.

presumably this is the northampton cameraman! lincolns zooms in too much too. Some others dont.