Match Thread: Northampton Town v Lincoln City | Page 26 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Northampton Town v Lincoln City

This is the reply I received last night from a Northampton fan I know. I must say that he attends games dressed all in purple, enough said. Jason Rodhouse
We were extremely poor Steve, and deserved to get well beat. However, a couple of your players should be ashamed of themselves, a disgrace to the game. Hopper was one, and I think the other was your number 4. Fell to the floor like flies, screaming in pain if a Cobblers player was within a foot of them. Absolutely disgusting and cheap tactics to get an opponent booked or sent off. They should be fined and banned from the game.
Send him these photographs of our No.4 and Hopper play-acting:

This is the reply I received last night from a Northampton fan I know. I must say that he attends games dressed all in purple, enough said. Jason Rodhouse
We were extremely poor Steve, and deserved to get well beat. However, a couple of your players should be ashamed of themselves, a disgrace to the game. Hopper was one, and I think the other was your number 4. Fell to the floor like flies, screaming in pain if a Cobblers player was within a foot of them. Absolutely disgusting and cheap tactics to get an opponent booked or sent off. They should be fined and banned from the game.
The only bit he got right was they deserved to get well beat.

Frank Large played for Leicester 1967/68 but Jimmy Hill didn't join Match of the Day until 1973. Maybe this was on a London Weekend programme?
No deffomatch of the day , probably an earlier presenter then . I confess that from 63 to about 71 I was an avid cobblers supporter never missing a game , even some of the reserve games in the London Conference I believe it was called .

No deffomatch of the day , probably an earlier presenter then . I confess that from 63 to about 71 I was an avid cobblers supporter never missing a game , even some of the reserve games in the London Conference I believe it was called .

So you changed team?

The only bit he got right was they deserved to get well beat.
My Brother-in-law watched the game in the ground and had a similar view as well, never saw any of their fouls but thought Palmer and Hopper were a bit over the top with acting. Was quite funny as I was looking at Twitter posts showing the Monstma and Hoppers injuries as the same time as he was pleading innocence.

Correction:

I meant to say, Rocky Balboa should get a ban for masquerading as a footballer.

[I]Bucksimp[/I]

Vital Squad Member
Jan 14, 2017

The famous- 'come near me during the game and I'll break your leg son' could be in order.

Not that I would ever condone such behaviour in the post-politically correct era of the beautiful game.

Maybe not quite as blatant as Mick brown on Kevin Hector but somethng along those lines!

So you changed team?
Yes sposed I did I have moved about a bit before settling down here in my time I have watched Watchet Town , Bletchley Town befpre MKD I HASTEN TO ADD , Cobblers, Stevenage in the Southern League managed by aan old spurs player who became a window cleaner Johnny Walker I think his name was , Luton in their first div time . Jusst depends where I lived . I first watched Imps when I first moved here and was still in lodgings looking for a house .
Bet you wish you hadnt asked .

Not at all. I used to sit next to a chap from Skye at SB. Like you he had moved around the country a fair bit and supported several teams over the years, including Cgarlton during his years in London.

Yes sposed I did I have moved about a bit before settling down here in my time I have watched Watchet Town , Bletchley Town befpre MKD I HASTEN TO ADD , Cobblers, Stevenage in the Southern League managed by aan old spurs player who became a window cleaner Johnny Walker I think his name was , Luton in their first div time . Jusst depends where I lived . I first watched Imps when I first moved here and was still in lodgings looking for a house .
Bet you wish you hadnt asked .
Johnny Walker is a friend of our former manager, John Beck.

Just because the ref didn’t give a foul or see anything happen, there should still be retrospective action. Otherwise it makes a mockery of the whole system and ways of protecting the players from foul play.

So a player should be fined and banned from the game for having his cheekbone smashed and having blood all down his front?

Everyone who knows me will be aware of my attitude towards swearing on this site, but what a....

TWAT.....there you go. I'll lend you that one from my potty repertoire.

Just because the ref didn’t give a foul or see anything happen, there should still be retrospective action. Otherwise it makes a mockery of the whole system and ways of protecting the players from foul play.

Do the club have to notify the FA in order to initiate proceedings? There is a recent precedent. Preston's Darnell Fisher got a three game ban for grabbing the testicles of a a Sheff Wednesday player when marking him at a corner. The ref didn't see it but it was caught on camera.

This is the reply I received last night from a Northampton fan I know. I must say that he attends games dressed all in purple, enough said.
Please tell me you sent him those photos?

By all accounts Ryan Lowe goes whingeing to the FA every time a decision goes against Plymouth.

Yeah remember him saying 'we'll have one of our men look at it' when whining about the Johnson penalty decision. Implying he had a hotline to the FA.