Match Thread: Milton Keynes v Lincoln City | Page 20 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Milton Keynes v Lincoln City

I didn't see the game tonight but how many times did we test the keeper with shots from outside the box ? I was at Rotherham and Southend games and they were great results but we seem shy at having a go from distance. I wish we did it more to test oppo keepers.

I didn't see the game tonight but how many times did we test the keeper with shots from outside the box ? I was at Rotherham and Southend games and they were great results but we seem shy at having a go from distance. I wish we did it more to test oppo keepers.

Too many straight into his arms

Very interesting BBC Radio Lincs interview with a clearly frustrated Danny Cowley, not just about the result, but also the Bolton/Bury situation. Great timing to ask him about the Bolton/Bury pantomime as he didn't hold back – maybe he wouldn't have been so honest had this been asked at a press conference. Here are a selection of his quotes:

We didn’t defend well enough first half – far too soft in combat in the first-half. We allowed a team that only had 11 touches in our box, two goals.

You are not a good side when you concede two soft goals like we did. I thought our play between the two boxes was really, really good. Ultimately when you don’t do well enough in both boxes, though, you don’t win.

We played against a side that got into a lead and got 11 players behind the ball. We had to work hard to shift the angle of attack and I thought we did it really well. Credit to them, their defending was exceptional and they defended for their lives. Their keeper must have made 10 saves tonight.

The second goal was 100 per cent offside, it was categoric. It is an unbelievable decision and I do not believe how he has got that wrong. But there were still defensive errors in the lead up to the goal.

Anyone who thought we were a good team tonight are wrong.

On Bolton’s game being postponed against Doncaster:
It is a huge disadvantage for us. We have had five games this month and we’ve only got 18 players. What do I do? Cancel the game on Friday night and let people know on social media? I feel sorry for Bolton and Bury and their fans, but I am frustrated for the EFL to allow it to get to this stage.

An assist stripper cannot be allowed to be involved in a football club (Steve Dale, Bury). It is a disgrace and actually unacceptable. This situation is hugely affecting the integrity of this competition. The EFL have not been decisive enough. I don’t want too see either club go, but if they are not in a situation to start the season they then should be suspended for a year to be allowed to get their situation sorted out. It’s just crazy. We have only 18 players because we are trying to live within our means and run our football club the right way.

We did, that was part of the problem - we didn't test him :grinning:

Very strong words indeed from Danny on the ongoing farces at Bolton and Bury.
Spot on too as ever.

Danny clearly fuming with the EFL with regard to Bury and Bolton situation and didn't like the fact that the Donny manager was watching us tonight and that they have had free week to prepare for Saturday's game

Danny has in one speech just articulated all of the valid arguments made by people here and elsewhere about the Bolton/Bury saga and done so perfectly. I honestly can't think of anyone who could have said it better. That should become the reference speech for the whole debate. The EFL should listen

DC spot on re the Bolton Bury situation. Interesting analysis of our performance tonight, while most of us are saying we played well without getting the breaks, Danny's view is much more incisive, they clearly didn't perform as expected.

Lets hope the response on Saturday isn't compromised by fatigue of an honest set of players at an honestly run club.

Unsure if that's tongue in cheek but come on man!
Is there more investment coming in, then great news if that is the case.
If not, the money available has all gone, and got us to a small squad, including 4 juniors... which is what the manager appears to be saying at every opportunity.

Danny has in one speech just articulated all of the valid arguments made by people here and elsewhere about the Bolton/Bury saga and done so perfectly. I honestly can't think of anyone who could have said it better. That should become the reference speech for the whole debate. The EFL should listen

Indeed, And basically he made a valid point when pointing out we have only 18 players, whereas Bolton have already used 20 this season...

If 2 clubs were to play each other mid week and Bolton and Bury on a Saturday, could they get the game re-arranged for that Saturday that they would be free? Doesn't work for us, is it fair (probably not but the EFL doesn't seem to be going for that one right now) but fans and clubs would rather Saturday games given attendances so might be in a fans interest?

Can see a few reasons why not, but for many people it would be preferable.