Match Thread: Milton Keynes v Lincoln City | Page 23 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Milton Keynes v Lincoln City

So did I.

The commentary team were far too harsh on him as his contribution was good. He served one up for Andrade on a plate.
Sat near someone moaning why John didn't shoot when he squared it across for Bruno. Maybe he could of got a shot but Bruno should of easily finished that. He's to harshly criticised they didn't moan about Bruno completely missing but choose to moan about John when he gave him a easy finish

JA might benefit from tweaking his game. When he is coming on as a sub and we are chasing the game it may be advantageous for him to be less concerned about hold up play outside the box and try and get in there to disrupt a packed defence. In the circumstances where we were dominating like last night he would have plenty of support players around him so he could have drawn attention away from them or the ball could have dropped to one of them as he battled for it. With the players we have now that doesn't mean we would have to go long and lump it in to him from all angles and distances. If he comes on when we are not chasing then it makes sense for him to play more hold up outside the box or take it into the channels.

Re-signing Drewe Broughton would be a ‘Plan B’, but it wouldn’t help us compete at this level. Which other League One clubs were in for Rheady?

Anyone who was there last night can see we played just as well, if not better, than we have in our other games. Lincoln are a pleasure to watch at the minute, and if you’d rather spend your time whingeing about Akinde or a supposed lack of investment, well I pity you.

We are second. If that's not competing, I dont know what is. I agree it would be great to have a bit more depth, but just look at Bolton and Bury if you want to ssee what happens if you push beyond your means.
we are clearly competing now, who said any different? and we have clearly had investment over the last three seasons. the discussion point was, and still is... if we don't add to the squad now, i hope squad depth won't become an issue between now and january.

the prospect of adding further investment was also the discussion point, not pushing beyond our means. adding further investment before spending on the squad is exactly the way to avoid looking like bolton and bury.

less than two weeks to see if we can make any additions - which, for clarity, means investment + then players.

uti

Last edited:
Rob Makepeace was critical of Akinde on commentary for his contribution but none of the other players especially Andrade when he fluffed, very strange of him to do that.

we are clearly competing now, who said any different? and we have clearly had investment over the last three seasons. the discussion point was, and still is... if we don't add to the squad now, i hope squad depth won't become an issue between now and january.

the prospect of adding further investment was also the discussion point, not pushing beyond our means. adding further investment before spending on the squad is exactly the way to avoid looking like bolton and bury.

less than two weeks to see if we can make any additions - which, for clarity, means investment + then players.

uti

"nlondonimp said:
it is not a contradiction, it was a question asking whether there is more investment on the horizon. as i said, imo we are 2-3 players short, look how well we are doing with 16 first teamers... with a little more investment (to create a slightly bigger squad) we would really compete in this league.

must be very frustrating for the manager to be this close. he has also said similar, didn't he mention cover was needed at left back; cb; midfield; winger; and striker only yesterday?"

You said it.

What an utterly pulsating game- if any neutral was watching that, I don't think you'll get many better adverts for L1 football.

We did't win but the pain on the players faces at the end showed how much it meant to them- to have a team who have commitment, desire, passion when they pull on the shirt....well, that is worth it's weight in gold.

We attacked like our life depended on it second half and they defended like their life depended on it. Last season Shacks came up with a last minute winner at the Bank against them- this season, he hit the bar....such is life.

Probably the best game I have seen us lose....ever.

We have a team which is brimming with quality, confidence and ability- just enjoy while we have it.

"nlondonimp said:
it is not a contradiction, it was a question asking whether there is more investment on the horizon. as i said, imo we are 2-3 players short, look how well we are doing with 16 first teamers... with a little more investment (to create a slightly bigger squad) we would really compete in this league.

must be very frustrating for the manager to be this close. he has also said similar, didn't he mention cover was needed at left back; cb; midfield; winger; and striker only yesterday?"

You said it.
Yes, the difference between being competitive in the first four games, and being really competitive over the first half of the season. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds. Uti.