Match Thread: Milton Keynes Dons v Lincoln City | Page 24 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Milton Keynes Dons v Lincoln City

Haven't watched any highlights yet, but note comments re penalty

On the other hand, just read the BBC summary which states, " The Dons picked their way through on the edge of the box and, when the ball was flicked to Mason, who looked offside, he calmly finished past Alex Palmer."

So, maybe a day when things evened out?

A very good win today. We are the team that we were getting beaten by last season. The level of intelligent play is far beyond anything I’ve seen during my time as an Imps fan. To watch that feels like we’re a team who belong at this level and no longer the plucky team outperforming from a league below. I seem to recall when MApp was appointed he mentioned something along the lines of possession not being important, and a ruthless attacking mindset being the key. Thus far, it is being delivered.

We were under pressure and not great in the second half, but we’ve got what was demonstrated in the second goal in the bag. It was never a penalty, I almost feel a bit guilty having gone one up from it, but happy to take the stroke of good fortune.

Harry has no doubt benefitted from some MApp input. He’s always needed guidance, and having been first molded by DC, seems to have kicked on, refined his shortcomings and looks much more the complete package that I’m sure most of us thought he could be. He’s no longer the guy who runs and runs and more through luck than judgement delivers a decent ball. The better judgement is now there and he is becoming a very, very good player.

MApp is not the amiable character that our previous duo were and as such it was inevitable that some would take some time to warm to him. He won’t care about that one bit and I’ve no doubt our performances thus far have gone a long way in endearing him to the more sceptical fans. It’s still early days but we appear to have made massive strides under his leadership

A very good win today. We are the team that we were getting beaten by last season. The level of intelligent play is far beyond anything I’ve seen during my time as an Imps fan. To watch that feels like we’re a team who belong at this level and no longer the plucky team outperforming from a league below. I seem to recall when MApp was appointed he mentioned something along the lines of possession not being important, and a ruthless attacking mindset being the key. Thus far, it is being delivered.

We were under pressure and not great in the second half, but we’ve got what was demonstrated in the second goal in the bag. It was never a penalty, I almost feel a bit guilty having gone one up from it, but happy to take the stroke of good fortune.

Harry has no doubt benefitted from some MApp input. He’s always needed guidance, and having been first molded by DC, seems to have kicked on, refined his shortcomings and looks much more the complete package that I’m sure most of us thought he could be. He’s no longer the guy who runs and runs and more through luck than judgement delivers a decent ball. The better judgement is now there and he is becoming a very, very good player.

MApp is not the amiable character that our previous duo were and as such it was inevitable that some would take some time to warm to him. He won’t care about that one bit and I’ve no doubt our performances thus far have gone a long way in endearing him to the more sceptical fans. It’s still early days but we appear to have made massive strides under his leadership

MA is winning games, and that is all I care about...

Hood and Robson are definitely the two poorest players I can think of, though to be fair to Hood I believe he was over the hill when he joined us and had been a reasonable player at York.
I think i would throw in Jamie Hand as being on a par with those two, after a very impressive debut that went rapidly downhill.