Match thread, Millwall v Forest, two on the trot? | Page 7 | Vital Football

Match thread, Millwall v Forest, two on the trot?

I watched the first half. Poor game but we competed well. Ameobi our most talented player, can control and hold the ball. Happy with a point.

A respectable point from a pretty average performance, some of thier best chances, and the goal, came from basic defensive errors which we have to stamp out. Having said that samba didn't have too much to do. We have played worse this season that's for sure and we look far better with grabz up top.

It was solid, which is a step in the right direction but you're living in a fantasy world if you think we aren't a direct, defensive, physical team too. Probably the most negative side in the division.

Think thats why im happy cos they were worse than we are, so we are not the most negative team. Its a bit stretts logic but it works for me

When you're playing Millwall at Cold Blow Lane on a foul day in December, on a terrible pitch, you can't expect a pure passing game. Millwall make it a physical battle and get right in your faces. It was made worse by a terrible ref again!

So in view of all that I thought we put in a gritty performance. A good point for me.

How many points has Christie cost us this season

Think MBE was slightly culpable for their goal, he missed a clearing header, then slipped allowing their player to gallop through.

Whilst Christie isn't without fault, he had a very decent game against Sheff Wed and gives forest a decent outlet on the right. Think he's forming a good combination with Ameobi, too.

15 chances to our 4
5 on target to our 1

They created far more than us.

Thought we keep them at arms length for much of the game. I dont think we were good but we weren't total dogs and ground out a point. More game time to mighten. Overall plenty of positives and no reason to be like jock.

Was in tesco being served by andre silenzi and he told me that jock smiled once, back in 1988. I just said you were full of shit then and you're full of shit now.

Thought we keep them at arms length for much of the game. I dont think we were good but we weren't total dogs and ground out a point. More game time to mighten. Overall plenty of positives and no reason to be like jock.

Was in tesco being served by andre silenzi and he told me that jock smiled once, back in 1988. I just said you were full of shit then and you're full of shit now.

Harsh, I was sat with Bohinen having a spot of tiffin as we watched the game and we were both frustrated by the lack of movement and slow inaccurate passing. Sadly the restrictions were announced midgame and you know what a germophobe Lars is, spat his Tiffin out all over my brand new Persian rug, slipped his rollerskates on and fled without a word of thanks or apology!

I've read all I can find on the game and the general opinion not including either set of fans seems to be that the match was played between two fairly poor sides but that with the players we have we should be doing much better than we are.

Just about sums up my opinion.

The pitch was boggy in places and devoid of grass in places. Bit like the old days. Bit more difficult to control a ball. Constant heavy rain, ball didn’t run or skipped on. Millwall played for free kicks and played aerial. Never pretty to watch. Forest had to resort to defending the big men up front and two big centre backs in set pieces. I felt Worrall and Mbe Soh did really well, backed up by Yates, sow and Cafu. It left us a bit light when attacking. A day for agricultural midfielders.

I've read all I can find on the game and the general opinion not including either set of fans seems to be that the match was played between two fairly poor sides but that with the players we have we should be doing much better than we are.

Just about sums up my opinion.
About right ORF, it was an old fashioned sort of game played on old fashioned bog of a pitch, and it was lashing it down with rain at times. Whilst there wasn't much if any improvement in quality there did seem to be an improvement in attitude, more determination & resolve. Bit of a poor ref who seemed to want to book someone for anything that resembled a tackle, though we did get away with a potential penalty shout for hand ball early on.

The pitch was boggy in places and devoid of grass in places. Bit like the old days. Bit more difficult to control a ball. Constant heavy rain, ball didn’t run or skipped on. Millwall played for free kicks and played aerial. Never pretty to watch. Forest had to resort to defending the big men up front and two big centre backs in set pieces. I felt Worrall and Mbe Soh did really well, backed up by Yates, sow and Cafu. It left us a bit light when attacking. A day for agricultural midfielders.

2 weeks ago orf we did not have the stomach for this type of attritional game, we would have gone behind early and just gone thru the motions. Yesterday we showed more resilience and application imo

Agree with polly we saw the spine of the team give hints it might be coming together.

I think we aren't really fair to teams like Millwall. They took the aerial route to their strikers, but their midfield and wingers had to bring the ball forwards in midfield and get in a position to put a cross in. An aerial ball implies you are in with a good chance of giving the ball away, but a lot of our passing is dreadful, and all we do is pass the ball out of defence and give the ball away, allowing them another chance to cross or put in another ball from outside the box. I don't know if it's because we defend too deep , but their midfielders seemed to find it a lot easier to make 20 or 30 yards down the pitch, whereas ours usually end up turning back.

Think we must be the only team in the league who seems to have their most creative passer playing in goal ! Mbe Soh seems pretty good at passing too, though he does need to improve his ball control. Looks promising for a young lad though.

Think we are getting more organised, but we need to be more creative against Birmingham, as we need to open a bit of a gap up on the bottom teams.

How many chances do opposition teams get by Christie being out of position. Millwalls goal comes from a CD and two of the midfielders being drawn to defend his wing and then a good pass finding a large hole in defence. Problem is he is one of our best offensive players.

Mbe Soh has shown he is ready to step up and has to play. Worrall is a top defender as is McKenna. Surely all three need to play. Worrall in centre, Soh on right and Mc on left. This allows Christie and Riberio to venture forward, beyond winger. Christie being out of position isn’t a major factor as Mbe Soh is covering.

As our two wingbacks are giving width the two wingers, who ever they are can come in closer to centre forward and offer more support. We also play with only two holding midfielders rather than three, making us more attacking.

CH has a week to prepare for Brum. Then Xmas NY games before Cup. Play U23’s in cup and get first team on training pitch, perfecting formation and resting certain players.