Match thread, Millwall v Forest, two on the trot? | Page 8 | Vital Football

Match thread, Millwall v Forest, two on the trot?

How many chances do opposition teams get by Christie being out of position. Millwalls goal comes from a CD and two of the midfielders being drawn to defend his wing and then a good pass finding a large hole in defence. Problem is he is one of our best offensive players.

Mbe Soh has shown he is ready to step up and has to play. Worrall is a top defender as is McKenna. Surely all three need to play. Worrall in centre, Soh on right and Mc on left. This allows Christie and Riberio to venture forward, beyond winger. Christie being out of position isn’t a major factor as Mbe Soh is covering.

As our two wingbacks are giving width the two wingers, who ever they are can come in closer to centre forward and offer more support. We also play with only two holding midfielders rather than three, making us more attacking.

CH has a week to prepare for Brum. Then Xmas NY games before Cup. Play U23’s in cup and get first team on training pitch, perfecting formation and resting certain players.

Think it is difficult for CH to introduce this atm given our form and confidence but when mckenna is back would be nice to give it a go and see if we can generate more attacking threat.

I also had the feeling we might have got back some of that old patience we showed last leason, time will tell.

Think it is difficult for CH to introduce this atm given our form and confidence
Agree chap I have found that during this pandemic period I have changed from using cash to contactless card payments so deemed pointless to me. Anyway where was he considering putting the cashpoint chap?

Agree chap I have found that during this pandemic period I have changed from using cash to contactless card payments so deemed pointless to me. Anyway where was he considering putting the cashpoint chap?

I have heard it will be the centre piece on the revolving strip of land, next to the chocolate fountain.

Think it is difficult for CH to introduce this atm given our form and confidence but when mckenna is back would be nice to give it a go and see if we can generate more attacking threat.

I also had the feeling we might have got back some of that old patience we showed last leason, time will tell.

Not sure how playing five defenders, and two defensive midfielders (as CH would choose two from Sow, Yates, Colback or Arter in the middle) within a 343 would generate more attacking threat?

At the moment, we have six defensively minded players, sort of, settled within the formation; now folk are advocating completely changing that system halfway through the season, to one that is more defensive?!

Last edited:
Busy yesterday so just watched on ifollow - sadly they had Millwall commentary.

Mbe Soh was called Christie, then their penalty shout a minute later 'did that hit Yates on the hand?'

Went on and on about being denied a 'stonewall' penalty. Did admit that Forest looked dangerous on the break (but not that they fouled us every time we threatened).

They have good players and Bodvarsson was superb in turning hoofball into good attacking play, but I was impressed by Forest resisting a continual long-ball bombardment in atrocious conditions. Our clearances weren't accurate enough, like the final ball when we attacked, so we had to defend a fair bit.

The funniest bit was our equaliser - they were distraught that their defence had been undone by simple route one football. The irony was totally lost on them.

I'd go for 'hard won point' rather than be too critical of Forest's performance.

Apparently Millwall's next two Championship matches against Bournemouth and Watford are POSTPONED after a coronavirus outbreak in first team...wonder if this will affect us?

I thought they played the better football tbh..quicker passing, much more purposeful. We were poor. CH has got us defending so deep, we never get out of our own half..every clearance ended up being a pass to Millwall and they easily continued their attack. So frustrating to watch..
Yep surprised that they have managed to keep hold of Wallace as he looks a very good player in this division.

Not sure how playing five defenders, and two defensive midfielders (as CH would choose two from Sow, Yates, Colback or Arter in the middle) within a 343 would generate more attacking threat?

At the moment, we have six defensively minded players, sort of, settled within the formation; now folk are advocating completely changing that system halfway through the season, to one that is more defensive?!

I wouldnt worry as he wont do it anyway