Match thread, Millwall v Forest, two on the trot? | Vital Football

Match thread, Millwall v Forest, two on the trot?

Old Red Fart

Vital Champions League
Thought it might have been done by now but on reflection you blokes might have been too tied up with other things on here. I've got no idea of the outcome of this game but am full of doubt somehow, I've never been to this ground but have read on numerous occasions about the local savages who call themselves supporters. I don't know whether they'll be allowed to see this game but hope not. In fact I don't remember too much about London either other than playing a bit of basketball there at times, and once spending a couple of weeks at Woolwich when in transit in the Royal Artillery but it's all a few years ago and what memories I have are a bit cloudy. Much more interested now about the players who will be representing us and what's wrong with them and why.

Don't hold back chaps, if you have any ideas at all just let them flow.

I knew our record at Milwall was bad, but....

We have beaten them away only four times. Ever. Dating back to 1909. Three of those have been in the last 17 years (one was in the league cup). Clough won there once (1976), our first win at Milwall ever. We beat them under Paul Hart and won there under Davies II.

We have a 22-27 record in their favour and haven't beaten them at all since 2017, when we were incredibly lucky to beat them on the first day of the season (I think Warburton was the manager)

Thought it might have been done by now but on reflection you blokes might have been too tied up with other things on here. I've got no idea of the outcome of this game but am full of doubt somehow, I've never been to this ground but have read on numerous occasions about the local savages who call themselves supporters. I don't know whether they'll be allowed to see this game but hope not. In fact I don't remember too much about London either other than playing a bit of basketball there at times, and once spending a couple of weeks at Woolwich when in transit in the Royal Artillery but it's all a few years ago and what memories I have are a bit cloudy. Much more interested now about the players who will be representing us and what's wrong with them and why.

Weren't you down in London for the Luton game in 1959 !?

Great Fred.

Let’s facking do vese facking cannntttss on vere own facking manor, oi oi, be lacky, gerettta

Great Fred.

Let’s facking do vese facking cannntttss on vere own facking manor, oi oi, be lacky, gerettta
I was chatting to Neil Harris at the Freemasons lodge with our trouser legs rolled up last night, and he reckons Lewis Grabban is going to do these Kaaaaants

Weren't you down in London for the Luton game in 1959 !?

That wasn't just a game LK, that was an FA cup final. At the time I was living and working in Southampton, my brother was a friend of the Forest office manager and managed to get me a ticket. First time I had watched the Reds for 3 years or so and just for once I'd picked the right day. I was recently married at the time, tight on cash and time so it was first train home and nothing much to spend. Current generation would find that a bit hard to understand but you might have just a touch of what times were like.

Should add too that occasion was one of very few.

It's easy to see how Forest have got themselves into a hole this year. An awful end to last season was brought on by negative tactics and downward spiralling confidence. That, plus other teams sussing out our counter attacking, trying to nick one goal style. For some reason the recruitment team thought that flooding the squad with 14 new players was the answer, many of whom were journeymen who couldn't hack it at their old clubs. The freshness was sucked out of the club and was replaced by many stale, unfit 'has beens'. The club was a mess. The downward momentum unsurprisingly continued when we lost our first 4 games.

So, what would it take to get us out of this hole? It starts with good leadership, solid tactics from the manager and picking players who have still got the energy and commitment to wear the shirt and who are passionate about Forest. The leader on the pitch is Worrall, who's intervention last week, I believe, engendered the spirit and commitment that we saw against Wednesday. Other leader 'types' like Yates, Grabban, Sow and Taylor added to that - they are what is needed to maintain the upward momentum.

Other managers are right about our squad; it is a very talented squad which is in a false position - we should be much higher, with good management and leadership. That is, despite a number of poor signings over the last 2 or 3 windows, which can only have harmed our finances. There is still a good team in there somewhere and I think CH will eventually find it and lift Forest to safety.

I'm hoping we get a point or three out of today's game. Ever the optimist......

I thought you previously admitted to taking in the 'upstairs delights' of Mrs Miggins pie shoppe while waiting out Plague 1: The Bubonicing?