Match Thread: Mansfield Town v Lincoln City | Page 18 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Mansfield Town v Lincoln City

Hello all Imps fans, Tranmere fan in peace again, can I just say what a good game to watch tonight. Nothing has changed my mind about Lincoln winning the league my only hope is you have the league won by Easter Monday when we play, so you can rest a few players ha h. Good Luck in League One and you never know we might just join you, PS how good was Rowe tonight

Hello all Imps fans, Tranmere fan in peace again, can I just say what a good game to watch tonight. Nothing has changed my mind about Lincoln winning the league my only hope is you have the league won by Easter Monday when we play, so you can rest a few players ha h. Good Luck in League One and you never know we might just join you, PS how good was Rowe tonight
Rowe MoM for me.

Did I miss something or wasn't it good to see the respectful manner in which both sets of coaching staff and players responded at the final whistle after a hard fought game. I thought the challenge between Eardley and their left sided player set the tone. Hopefully that has set the level for future clashes.

Great game and excellent point. Watched it at Travis Perkins Suite (a first for me). About 80-90 people there. I'd recommend it if you can't get to the game. Better than the pub!

Only 13. Mansfield & MKD can't both achieve max points

Yes agreed!
If both Tranmere & Mansfield win every match left (both beating MKDons) then Tranmere reach 88 & Mansfield reach 90.
So 89 the target.
Likewise if MK Dons beat Tranmere and draw with Mansfield, then MK Dons & Mansfield both finish on 88 maximum so again 89 points the target.

Excellent ?

The defender holding Akinde down for the corner that they scored from didn’t help our cause, but a really good match that if anyone was going to win it was going to us. Think that was one of Akinde’s best matches, Andrade has had better, but Pett was a good sub - really enjoyed that, and happy with a point. UTI⚽
Definite foul on Akinde - clear as day on the tv.

A tremendous result. I would have settled for a point beforehand, so very happy.

My take on their goal was that it was a corner routine they'd not employed before so we weren't prepared for it. Agreed, though, that O'Hara might have done better if he'd tried jumping for the ball.

After the first half 'time-out' I thought we were the better side for the rest of the game, and rather than Mansfield sitting back as Lee Hendrie kept saying, I thought we pushed them back.

Cian Bolger has got some criticism on here, but he won nearly everything in the air and I think he did pretty well overall. Some great play from Rowe, but perhaps an unsung hero in this match was Anderson.

Good, or at least interesting, to see that in the last 10 minutes or so we were pushing for a winner rather than keeping the ball in the corner to make sure of a single point.

Rowe excellent and I thought Harry Anderson had a good game his never say die attitude got us the penalty. Good team performance second half but Shackell badly missed. Bossie keep Walker quiet all match, worry about Bolger his distribution is awful.
Very happy with point

Good to see Flitcroft shaking hands with Danny at the end.He was also very complimentary about both the Imps and the fans must have changed his medications

Danny rested players for the final two games of 2016-17 (sorry to remind you of that) and actually stopped us reaching 100 points: that would have been nice. But I doubt he would do that until the title is won (if it is), and we have to be fair to all teams. I'm sure you wouldn't want him to rest players on the final day against Colchester!

Tranmere have done well to get themselves into contention, but I don't envy you that run-in - horrific by any standards! If you do make the play-offs, it really will have been earned after that little lot.

A tremendous result. I would have settled for a point beforehand, so very happy.

My take on their goal was that it was a corner routine they'd not employed before so we weren't prepared for it. Agreed, though, that O'Hara might have done better if he'd tried jumping for the ball.

After the first half 'time-out' I thought we were the better side for the rest of the game, and rather than Mansfield sitting back as Lee Hendrie kept saying, I thought we pushed them back.

Cian Bolger has got some criticism on here, but he won nearly everything in the air and I think he did pretty well overall. Some great play from Rowe, but perhaps an unsung hero in this match was Anderson.

Good, or at least interesting, to see that in the last 10 minutes or so we were pushing for a winner rather than keeping the ball in the corner to make sure of a single point.
Good summary. Very disappointed with amount of negativity on here come halftime, and from Tommo! No wonder Danny gets frustrated.

Cian Bolger has got some criticism on here, but he won nearly everything in the air and I think he did pretty well overall.
He certainly settled second half but I think pretty well is a little too far, some of his distribution first half was pretty poor, especially the one across the back straight to Grant

BBC stats give possession in Mansfield's favour almost 60/40. I would be interested to see the number of completed passes though.

Good game and a fair result. Only one team going to win that - we got stronger and stronger, either that or they faded. Maybe a combination of the two. Really happy with the point and 15 unbeaten sounds very good.