Match Thread: Mansfield Town v Lincoln City | Page 14 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Mansfield Town v Lincoln City

Who remembers when we used to have benches that didn't necessarily offer anything any better than was on the pitch, or weren't particularly game changers.

Now look at our current fringe players.

Archibald, Howarth, Scully, Elbouzedi, Soule

and they aren't even fully developed yet.

Heady days. Heady days indeed.
If young Scully is a fringe player then I am an Irishman!

Well done soule, took a few knocks from the three big Mansfield donkeys. Got a goal. Not a target man, but that was good in a way as it forced us to play a better ball into him. Some nice turns and lay offs. Plus he kept going to the end.

What did anyone make of Soule? He is supposed to be tiny but a real poacher, even though Thommo thought he looked about 5’11!

Missed the whole of the second half, thanks iFollow. Just my luck to choose to listen, rather than watch.

What did anyone make of Soule? He is supposed to be tiny but a real poacher, even though Thommo thought he looked about 5’11!

Looks like a younger version of Marriott. Some very nice, neat touches and a deft chip near the end, when Howarth, arguably, should have got his shot away sooner. In the right place at the right time for the first.

I think MA described him as slight, but aggressive. Just looks like he could use a bit of building up. Short on match fitness perhaps, a goal on his debut I'm sure will help.

I thought Soule did all right in the circumstances. Obviously not up to speed yet.

The best I've seen Eyoma play at centre back, although he wasn't exactly tested by the opposition.

Archibald had a good first half, but apart from scoring wasn't as prominent after the break. Conversely, we seemed to see more of Howarth in the second half than the first.