Match Thread: Manchester City vs Swansea City | Page 2 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Manchester City vs Swansea City

We were defeated before we started playing, with that guard of honour beforehand.
We consequently came out like startled rabbits and were scared stiff of the occasion. The players should have been eating raw meat and the manager winding them right up, not pussy footing about. Any praise for Man City should have been left until after the match.
Our 850 away supporters were shocked into silence at the ineptitude of the players.
The tactics were all wrong, sit back and defend at the Etihad and you’ll get murdered, as every man and his dog knew, except our manager, and the inevitable happened. Not only did we sit back throughout, but we couldn’t hold on to the ball for more than 5 seconds before being dispossessed, couldn’t pass the ball five yards, and couldn’t even do the basics right, and were devoid of any ideas at all. What an embarrassment to watch, and the taunts from their supporters was hard to bear.
It looks to me as if when our players don’t agree with the managers tactics they stop playing. They did it with Clement and they’re now doing it to Carlos. They were just spectators as Man City rang rings around them, could have been 10-0. Where was our players pride?
If their attitude does not change then I cannot see us winning another game.
Whatever happens, at the end of the season a big clear out is needed, we want players who will play for the shirt, not whimps.

It reminded me of the Spurs cup game Keith. Just sat back with that body language of a side resigned to losing and saving energy for more important games to come.

tactics awful, we had absolutely no hope with such negative tactics, and Man City proved in devastating style of how not to approach them.

I agree with everything you say, it's just not good enough. We looked scared and in awe of them, it's like watching Clement football again, and that's been mentioned a few times now, always when we're away.

It'll be backs to the walls again on Saturday, we need to be up and at them because they've struggled at the back at times. We're at home, we shouldn't make it easy for them because they can make mistakes if the Ayew brothers push up and press their back line.