Match Thread: Manchester City vs Swansea City | Vital Football

Match Thread: Manchester City vs Swansea City

Hi Kevin

Very impressive preview :clap:

Benjamin Mendy is back in full training and played 60 minutes for our EDS team last week, or was it the week before? Can't remember now. I expect him to come off the bench to a rep-roaring appaluse.

Nice touch regarding your manager allowing your players to form a guard of honour.

City may have won the title but there are several other Premier League records there for the taking. I have a feeling we'll come out 'all guns blazing'.

Good luck and may the best team win.

Hi Kevin

Very impressive preview :clap:

Benjamin Mendy is back in full training and played 60 minutes for our EDS team last week, or was it the week before? Can't remember now. I expect him to come off the bench to a rep-roaring appaluse.

Nice touch regarding your manager allowing your players to form a guard of honour.

City may have won the title but there are several other Premier League records there for the taking. I have a feeling we'll come out 'all guns blazing'.

Good luck and may the best team win.

Cheers Tudor (y) Mendy could feature then? Heard he was building up fitness and wouldn't be back in yet.

I expect City to treat this like any other, as if they haven't won the title yet as you're going for the records. Hell of a task for us and we feel like it's just a case of damage limitation, don't hurt the confidence and goal difference too much before we're back at home.

Backs to the walls for us, although we're like that whoever we're up against away really.

I've a feeling that it might be closer than some might think, they'll win by 1, maybe 2, last thing we need is a heavy defeat before Chelsea at home.

Carvalhal bound to go back to a back 5 and park the bus, van der Hoorn back in. I'd drop Ki as well, they'll run rings around him.

I've a feeling that it might be closer than some might think, they'll win by 1, maybe 2, last thing we need is a heavy defeat before Chelsea at home.

Carvalhal bound to go back to a back 5 and park the bus, van der Hoorn back in. I'd drop Ki as well, they'll run rings around him.

I wish I thought the same but I just can't see it being close, it might take them some time to score the first but a few will surely follow.

Pre-Match Stats

• Manchester City have won all but 2 of their home games this season, their recent 3-2 loss to rivals Manchester United, and a draw against Everton
  • Manchester City have lost their last 3 home games in all competitions
  • Gabriel Jesus, who scored a brace in this fixture last season (see below), has been involved in 22 goals in 23 starts, 16 goals and 6 assists. He is still yet to experience a Premier League defeat when starting a game.
  • The Swans have lost just 3 in their last 13 games, winning 5 of them.
  • Swansea City are still looking for their first away win against a top 6 side, they’ve only scored once away at a top 6 side
  • In games when Jordan Ayew has scored, Swansea are unbeaten, winning 5 and drawing 8
  • Kyle Naughton is likely to make his 100th appearance for the Swans against Manchester City

SWANSEA LINE-UP PREDICTION
Fabianski,
Naughton, van der Hoorn, Fernandez, Mawson, Olsson,
A. Ayew, King, Clucas, Carroll
J. Ayew.

Stoke held on for a draw in the end, great result for us. Burnley came back and had chances at the end to win it. They'll be deflated after that surely

no chance that the 2 Ayew brothers are up top, he'll play on the right, 5-4-1 park the bus job.

I've switched it for the official tweet now, they didn't put the subs in, but you're right, the usual 5-4-1

Ayew to score an early goal and give us hope, then Man City to ruin us 3-1 :surrender:

A goal/shot on target or 2 would be enough

couldn't drop Ki then as Clucas can't be fit....oh well