Match Thread: Lincoln City v Yeovil Town | Page 16 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Yeovil Town

Interesting on Hortins interview, Bob is considering his future....Good interview, wouldn't be where we are without Bobs support!

Limped over the line but it's amazing that we were in a position to be able to do that. Listening to Danny on Radio Lincs after the match it strikes me how much we've overachieved this season, we lack the resources or squad depth of our main rivals but character and willpower have seen us through.

Fitting that Pett should get the decisive goal today. Every player in our squad is important and he came good when it mattered most.

Watching it live the Pett goal looked quality and like he had a lot of time to compose himself. Watching the highlights I realised how little time he actually had with great technique, even better than I first realised.
Yep, very good technically. He had hardly any time or space and just dug it out from nowhere really.

Phwoar that was close. Been to witch & wardobe and now in thebeer garden at the tap n spile. On a session. Lovely warm evening and mission accomplished

Awful awful performance but what a goal by Pett, an absolute heartbreaker. Bring on Exeter imo the best draw for us. U T I.

Just got back on a not just got back thread.

Nerves, pressure, excitement all in the mix that resulted in a poorish performance. Job done and that’s what matters. Ref didn’t help matters imo.

Nice to see a few Imps orientated cars on the A46 towards Leicester. Decided to give the A1 a miss and try the M1.

Phew that game was awful to watch and needed a piece of real quality
Drop the 3 up front and go back to 2 with Ollie joining after 60mins
Exeter I thought looked a decent team so can't get away with some of that defending like we did today
Well done boys tho as getting into the playoffs is an amazing achievement
Uti

I had lots of words to say about him, now eating them !

His goal was a rare bit of quality today, but one goal does not a player make. Billy Knott scored the odd goal as well....

But obviously I hope he starts to make a bigger impression on the team and does well for us.

Tbf feel sorry for Tom, he came to the club mid season, new to the team, trying to fit (4-4-2) in the team then a system change to 4-3-3.
Showed real quality today and that is what we need, perhaps his freshness in the playoffs may be decisive for us, who knows.

That was tough! Actually felt physically sick at times, was so nervous!!

What a goal by Pett, like something Bergkamp would do. Class.

League 2 play offs. I would of said your dreaming if you told me that 2 years ago!!!

His goal was a rare bit of quality today, but one goal does not a player make. Billy Knott scored the odd goal as well....

But obviously I hope he starts to make a bigger impression on the team and does well for us.

The boy has got something Notty... let’s hope the Cowleys are going to help him unlock that more regularly. After going a goal down to a pretty terrible goal (Alsop’s first clanger, although the defence didn’t cover themselves in glory before that either), we badly needed someone to step up with a bit of class. Delighted for Pett that he was the man to do it (he also sounded a thoroughly decent chap in his post-match interview).

Billy Knott is an interesting one. Given our wafer-thin squad, will he come back into the mix now Rochdale’s season is done? Personally I think he can add something in the 4-3-3, and in truth that thought illuminates more whenever I see Elliott Whitehouse miscontrol a ball or shank an easy pass (although credit to the lad, after a dreadful first half, he was much improved after the break).

Can/will Arnold also come back into the fold now his pretty disastrous Salford loan is up?

That was tough! Actually felt physically sick at times, was so nervous!!

What a goal by Pett, like something Bergkamp would do. Class.

League 2 play offs. I would of said your dreaming if you told me that 2 years ago!!!

You’re right on the Bergkamp shout fella... had a touch of that wonderful goal he scored up at Sunderland all those years ago. Looked even better on the replays so am looking forward to seeing/hearing what Goal Rush make of that later.

(would have not would of)

Interesting point with Knott. Can't see Arnold having any part to play as he has his own things to sort I believe.

I am assuming that the loans for Wharton and Williams cover the playoffs