Match Thread: Lincoln City v Wycombe Wanderers | Page 13 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Wycombe Wanderers

From a post on the Wycombe forum:

"They were the dirtiest team I've seen in a couple of years and we were lucky it was only bayo who got injured with the amount of late boots and off the ball niggles."

Yellow card count:
Lincoln 0 Wycombe 4

watching on ifollow thousands of miles away i didnt notice the referee being terrible or Wycombe doing anything we dont do every other week. Andersons looked a bit of a comical dive, couldnt tell about disallowed goal. Obviously ifollow coverage gives no replays and sometimes poor camera angles.

All teams time waste . It's part and parcel of football . Yet no one complains where their team does it . Gotta take the rough with the smooth.

No point in moaning, can do fuk all about it :nerner:
most time wasting is from throw ins, free kicks and goal kicks.
so there are three ways we can do something about it. and no one can time waste if we have possession.

The fact no English referees are at the world cup shows how bad refereeing is this country. Perhaps armchair refs should apply lol might do better.

We don't have any referees at the World Cup because Mark Clattenburg was the only name on FIFA's long list submitted in 2016 and he forfeited that when he decided to move to Saudi Arabia and take up a role as their head of referees.

The FA asked for him to be replaced on the list but FIFA rejected it.

most time wasting is from throw ins, free kicks and goal kicks.
so there are three ways we can do something about it. and no one can time waste if we have possession.
The referee can also help reduce it. If he books someone early last night, it stops. Instead he did nothing other than save his hand and dish out countless warnings.

Wycombe set their stall out for a point tonight and did it very well. A lot of people seem to be blaming the referee, and whilst I agree he wasn't the best, it was down to us to overcome Wycombes tactics and we were unable to do so; we wouldn't be complaining if the shoe was on the other foot.
On a different note and only a small criticism is that some of our free kicks were put in areas where their keeper was able to come and claim quite easily. We need to be more savvy in putting the ball in the right place and/or block the keeper from coming out to collect.

A lot of FK's against Shrewsbury were the same. We go through phases of floating the ball in from set pieces for some reason when whipping them in, or lofting them to the back post, works best.

I've noticed that a fair proportion of our crosses are too close to the keeper for several games now. As said above we need to be a bit more savvy & keep them away from keepers (easier said than done when you're under pressure, but Sam & Eards have shown they can put in quality, testing crosses.

r.e. the timewasting, the ref added 13 minutes in all (unless there were two long injury stoppages I'm unaware of).

Now I've have had time to reflect, we are too one dimensional. Lots of boots up to the top 2, or everything being shunted down the right to Harry, who looked very lacking of game time - because he has been, and not sharp at all.

We were guilty of waiting for the ball, rather than going to meet it, and we have a lot of work to do before Saturday, if we are to beat Colchester, which we won't if we don't get this sorted.

We need to switch back to two wingers, Bozzie and Woodyard and the front two. Frecklington just is not cutting the mustard.

We need to play with width, and back to how we were against Ipswich at home.

Sorry.

We had enough chances to win the game fairly comfortably despite our modest success from set-pieces -Freck missed a sitter and scored a perfectly good goal as did Rhead.

I've noticed that a fair proportion of our crosses are too close to the keeper for several games now. As said above we need to be a bit more savvy & keep them away from keepers (easier said than done when you're under pressure, but Sam & Eards have shown they can put in quality, testing crosses.

Sam's crossing has been disappointing for most of the season, usually too close to the keeper to cause any problems. Billy Knott wasted every set piece through trying to float them gently on the breeze, but things have been little better since. Sam was effective last season, but he has just three assists this season and has not scored a single goal in 40 appearances. That is a poor return from a lot of set pieces, and it is time to let someone else to have a go. If you always do what you always did...

Sam's crossing has been disappointing for most of the season, usually too close to the keeper to cause any problems. Billy Knott wasted every set piece through trying to float them gently on the breeze, but things have been little better since. Sam was effective last season, but he has just three assists this season and has not scored a single goal in 40 appearances. That is a poor return from a lot of set pieces, and it is time to let someone else to have a go. If you always do what you always did...

As much as it saddens me, he is our weakest defender and the number of overlaps that weren't given to him last night, almost speaks volumes.

I don't think he has made the grade this year.

watching on ifollow thousands of miles away i didnt notice the referee being terrible or Wycombe doing anything we dont do every other week. Andersons looked a bit of a comical dive, couldnt tell about disallowed goal. Obviously ifollow coverage gives no replays and sometimes poor camera angles.

Wycombe came with a weakened team, came to take the sting out of the game and perhaps grab a winner at the end. Had we scored, or one of the disallowed goals counted, they would have had to chase it and it would have been a different game I think.
I'll have to look at the disallowed goals again, but I was up scaring the neighbours when both went in. The ref did nowt to stem the time wasting and with the volume turned up, you could hear the crowds displeasure!

With Ifollow if you are quick at half-time / full-time, (before it goes off) you can go back look at goals/cards or anything you want to, even in slow motion. I didn't bother yesterday. True there is only one camera angle.

Let's be honest, how many of us haven't taken some perverse pleasure in watching a team sh!tfest its way to a result? Wycombe did an absolute number on us last night and we can have few complaints. I actually agree with the Wycombe comments. I did think we were overly physical on occasion and Anderson really needs to watch the ridiculous diving - seen him do that too often this season and thought that it would have been easier if he'd stayed on his feet - he looked knackered though. Rhead on that form, IMO, is a total waste.

I keep on saying this but we need to find an alternative to lumping it forward repeatedly. This is 'meat and drink' for an opposition defence at this level and 9 times out of 10 the ball comes straight back to us. I was really disappointed with our overall performance last night - we looked nervy and panicked a lot - and we seem to have hit a barren patch at the wrong time. Let's hope we can put this right.

Couldn’t go last night, but is seems yesterday just highlighted the problems were all aware of: our finishing isn’t good enough and we’re desperately lacking the 4th striker.

Sounds like we were massively hard done by the ref and the linesmen, but Allsopp also pulled off some terrific saves.

The game against Coventry is MASSIVE.