Match Thread: Lincoln City v Wycombe Wanderers | Page 12 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Wycombe Wanderers

Two wins and a draw would leave Mansfield having to win their last three games (four including last Saturday), and that is unlikely.

While Swindon aren't technically out of it, it looks like 3 for the last 2 play-off places. Mansfield have been in relegation form since Flitcroft took over, only that narrow win on Saturday at the bottom club. Will that have rebuilt their confidence, or will their poor form reassert itself? Having seen how 'robust' Vale were on Saturday, they'll give Mansfield a challenge.

Stevenage getting any sort of result at Coventry on Friday night would be interesting. Tuesday night should be fireworks. Exeter look favourite for 4th, Counteh 5th - who fancies who?

Bums are getting squeaky.

I'll agree with you on Cov, you're quite right there, but will Accy maybe take their boots off the accelerator now they are promoted?
i hope so, or they could push the peddle as they are free to go for top spot now. how they get on at wycombe on saturday might be a clue which way it will go.

I have to say we had enough chances to win this tonight and we only have ourselves to blame.

If we had done that, the story of our season I am afraid, then we take away the gamesmanship element and the awful officiating.

For me, if we don't make the top 7, for which I still think we will fail to do so, then I have to say it will be because of our so many drawn games.

We have to raise our game to the zenith for these last four games.

Is it possible? Of course. Will we do it? I really have no idea.

Don't think I've seen a team trying to play for time after 2 mins before

Ref was poor as wasn't able to control the game and he's 2 assistants seemed to offer no help either to the proceedings

We look like a team running on fumes towards the end just worry we've ran out of that high energy we perform off

All told happy with a point before the game as they'll be going straight up

While Swindon aren't technically out of it, it looks like 3 for the last 2 play-off places. Mansfield have been in relegation form since Flitcroft took over, only that narrow win on Saturday at the bottom club. Will that have rebuilt their confidence, or will their poor form reassert itself? Having seen how 'robust' Vale were on Saturday, they'll give Mansfield a challenge.

Stevenage getting any sort of result at Coventry on Friday night would be interesting. Tuesday night should be fireworks. Exeter look favourite for 4th, Counteh 5th - who fancies who?

Bums are getting squeaky.
coventry playing on friday gives them an extra day to recover before we play them. smart move by them at this stage.

Just got home

Referee needs sacking!

We were poor right at the start and most of the second half though. The times we were brilliant the ref ballsed it up

i hope so, or they could push the peddle as they are free to go for top spot now. how they get on at wycombe on saturday might be a clue which way it will go.

A Coleman side taking their foot of the gas when winning the title is on ??? Never lol. So pleased for Accy though . Playing budget of £15,000 it seems

We should have had that won by halftime regardless of their antics and the officials.
Still plenty to play for and plenty more tension!

I thought we were the most unpopular team in the division but I've changed my mind after tonight. Wonder if Danny has learned a few tricks...... When the keeper starts throwing the ball in the wrong direction after a world minutes you know how it's going to go. Ref should have been stronger earlier. 13 minutes added time played, most of it for time wasting tells you a lot.
Should have scored at end of 1st half, half time came at the wrong time. But 2nd half Alsopp was the busier keeper.
Frustrating evening all round

Walking home with a nice breeze, cooling down after that!

As has already been posted, we had enough chances in the first half to win the game, but how much of a diagrace were the officials? How do these clowns actually get jobs at this level of football? Baffling.

If you give a foul against Rhead and don't give a goal, you simply have to give a penalty for the push on Anderson(?) in the second half.

Just baffled.

Walking home with a nice breeze, cooling down after that!

As has already been posted, we had enough chances in the first half to win the game, but how much of a diagrace were the officials? How do these clowns actually get jobs at this level of football? Baffling.

If you give a foul against Rhead and don't give a goal, you simply have to give a penalty for the push on Anderson(?) in the second half.

Just baffled.

It was obvious the ref was bent

The fact no English referees are at the world cup shows how bad refereeing is this country. Perhaps armchair refs should apply lol might do better.

Mind you the English football team isn't much better. Lol

Really enjoyed the game tonight (sounds like I was in the minority)- first half particularly was end to end. Can't believe the game ended 0-0.

Ref wasn't great at addressing some of the gamesmanship but let's not kid ourselves that we don't play the game too- Ainsworth had a plan (similarly to Morecambe) and it worked.

Having said that, we had the ball in the net twice, Waterfall missed from about 3 yards out and Freck shot from about 10 yards was more like a conversion than a shot on goal. We had chances in the first half to bury the game but didn't.

However- we are back in 6th place, with a game in hand over Mansfield. Destiny is in our hands.

Positives
Another clean sheet
Defensively strong
Controlled most of first half
Will and desire were there tonight in buckets

Negatives
Finishing is letting us down
Quality in final third just missing at the moment
Allsop is a great shot stopper but a poor distributor

Disappointed not to win but it was end to end stuff.

Seems funny to be complaining about something we do every other week away from home.
I know we push the edges of the envelope, but that was truly shameful tonight. They set their stall out from their very first dead ball situation and the referee did absolutely nothing about it. I could be wrong, but I don't recall any booking for time wasting, which I find incredible.

Two horrible sides slugging it out and using all the tricks in the book to try and gain an advantage. As 0-0s go this was a decent goalless encounter, one either side could have won.

City may have wasted a few chances but Wycombe could lay claim to that scenario too.

Awful time wasting by Wycombe, though, and even the fourth official was at it too.

Still, a point still leaves us in a good place.

All teams time waste . It's part and parcel of football . Yet no one complains where their team does it . Gotta take the rough with the smooth.

No point in moaning, can do fuk all about it :nerner: