Match Thread: Lincoln City v Wycombe Wanderers | Page 11 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Wycombe Wanderers

One point and all personnel in one piece I hope. Not what we wanted but it'll do.... Toughest game of our run-in done and dusted?

Would we have settled for a point before the game?

Either way, up to sixth with a point and a game over the Stags...

Coventry has the potential to be key...

Come on you Imps!!!

Strange that Wycombe would come for a draw, seeing as they play Accrington at the weekend.

Not a disaster in the over scheme of things, was the ref as bad as described on Radio Lincs?

Worrying time for goals to have dried up a bit, need to be sharper in front of goal Saturday as 3 points essential.

Could have been worse their best chance I thought was Wharton's attempted own goal. Luckily thanks to Alsop it didn't come off !

Saturday will now I think be a must 3 points against Colchester. I think it will be 2 from us Mansfield and Coventry for sixth and seventh and they have two easy ( on paper ) home matches against Port Vale and Stevenage. Our run in is harder than either of the other two , but 3 wins will make it a certainty especially if one is at the Ricoh next Tuesday

I predicted 0-0, everything I've read suggested they would come for the draw and hope to get lucky with a goal.

Would have taken a point before the game, but a bit disappointed we didn't get one to upset their spoiling tactics. We need to be a bit more clinical in front of goal - we had several good chances. Didn't see what was wrong with Rhead's goal. Surpised Harry didn't get booked for diving - he made too much of it.

Well that might make the difference. We just have to match the stags results from now on to get the playoffs.

It’s in our hands

Ok we could have scored tonight but Alsop made 3 superb saves!

I have a feeling we will get
Colchester 3 points
Coventry 1 Point
Accrington 1 Point
Yeovil 3 points

But I think we might need 3 points at Coventry to kill them and the stags

What a horrible game. But we had clear chances to win it. My first thought was that Rhead's goal was disallowed for a push but would have to see it again.

Wycombe came to spoil, fouled in rotation and wasted time from the kick-off. A surprisingly unattractive team.

The ref was really pretty hopeless and simply couldn't cope with the physicality of the encounter.

It was not what you would call entertainment, as such.

A decent point, Wycombe came for one and got one. However we did run out of legs in the second half.

The biggest issue was the ref never got a grip of the time wasting from the word go, the feigning of injuries etc. Surprised Wycombe came to spoil because they have some decent players when they play.

The ref lost total control and believe it or not this is a ref that is tipped to be in the Premier League in 3 years.

Didn’t make a chance in the second 45. We stopped working our way through them, or ainsworth changed it. And for all our huff-puff ... Allsop made three good saves and their keeper didn’t need to make one. Agree with those that say our finishing needs work. Not a great advert for football that second half. I thought el abdh had another effective game for them. Cynical but effective, which sums up Wycombe’s performance tonight.