Match Thread: Lincoln City v Wolves U21s | Page 16 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Wolves U21s

I take the positive that hopefully we've seen that some of our reserve players are not up to 1st team standards. I had been wondering why with a number of injuries around we hadn't used Mensah more, but I got my answer last night at least. I think Crookes did as well as could be expected, Gordon shows flashes of inspiration but not consistent enough, least not as right back, Slocombe will make some saves but all round game doesn't look great, Chapman leaving aside his age I'm not seeing on the pitch what everyone else is, but I do take into account he's probably younger even than the Wolves players.
Bit puzzled on Watergate, think we're going over the top with the watering lark, given we seemed to be slipping over regularly, and a zippy surface surely suited Wolves more than the team we put out last night, didn't see many examples of sharp passing from us.
Wolves seemed to have some decent players, great finish for the 2nd goal, although don't think they were as good as they thought they were playing it around at the back. They lost a bit of threat when the tall guy switched to centre back, however he did play Rheady better than many older I'm sure. Wonder if any of them are up for a loan in January

Yep, learning who isn't good enough is just as important as learning who is good enough...
And I'd definitely get rid of our pair of Bristols

Terrible goalkeeping for the first goal, schoolboy stuff.

Awful penalty by Mensah, his body positioning was all wrong - leaning back and sideways at the same time.

Admittedly he has only had four games and has been playing in a weakened team for all four, but Slocombe has now conceded 9 goals in those games. However, the opposition has also been weakened (even Blackburn) and any keeper averaging over two goals per game is a worry (2.25).