Match Thread: Lincoln City v Wolves U21s | Page 14 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Wolves U21s

if scunny lose by one we go through on goals scored. unless they lose 3-4. then it is anyone's guess.

wolves were already out before the penalties.

Having watched all three Checkatrade games, I really do not think we have the strength in depth in this squad that we all thought we had.

Slocombe, Crookes, Gordon, Mensah and even Chapman are not first team possibilities. Only Wharton, Green and Rhead (all here last season) could step into the first team and do a job for us.

That could be our undoing if we have a bad run of injuries, unless Danny corrects in January.

Having watched all three Checkatrade games, I really do not think we have the strength in depth in this squad that we all thought we had.

Slocombe, Crookes, Gordon, Mensah and even Chapman are not first team possibilities. Only Wharton, Green and Rhead (all here last season) could step into the first team and do a job for us.

That could be our undoing if we have a bad run of injuries, unless Danny corrects in January.

The squad will be strengthened in January no doubt. Some you mention above will return to their parent clubs. Chapman is a very decent prospect though and will be a better player for his exposure in this competition

Current table:
1. Mansfield P2 W2 D0 L0 F4 A2 Pts6 GD+2
2. Scunthorpe P2 W0 D2 L0 F1 A1 Pts3 GD0
3. LINCOLN P3 W0 D2 L1 F4 A5 Pts3 GD-1
4. Wolves U21 P3 W0 D2 L1 F3 A4 Pts3 GD-1

I think that means Wolves are out because Lincoln have the same goal difference but have scored more goals.

If Scunthorpe lose, they will join us on a goal difference of -1. Because they will almost certainly not have scored as many goals as us (they would need to score 3 while conceding more than 4), we would go through.

Pretty well sums up my thinking too, even Wharton hasn't hit the heights of last season. Of the loan players, McCartan has been the best by a country mile. Mensah in particular was totally clueless tonight, and will probably follow Slocombe back to Bristol as soon as.

Need a fresh intake in January.

Ah right. Scum need to lose and not score four in the process.

yeh, we dont seem to have enough players that are good enough to challenge for a first team place, in a team that are top of the league. Purely 'back up' players. Need to adjust things in January. A few going back to their home clubs, a few more coming in. Need 2 maybe 3 more of 1st team quality.

It's a shame about Mensah as he looked a good player at Aldershot.

And I'd like to see Gordon in a proper game in the right midfield position.

Pretty well sums up my thinking too, even Wharton hasn't hit the heights of last season. Of the loan players, McCartan has been the best by a country mile. Mensah in particular was totally clueless tonight, and will probably follow Slocombe back to Bristol as soon as.

Need a fresh intake in January.
i think gordon has done ok. mrs slocombe, mensah, crookes haven't taken their chance to stand out. chapman looked like he was trying to keep it simple and avoid tackles and controversy.

I just felt Mensah really plays within himself and just looks completely lost. I rated the guy at Aldershot but just doesn’t seem quite right, he reminds me of Cameron Stewart.

Few good displays tonight and decent entertainment for a tenner. Chapman may be a good candidate now to go out on loan and try and play 20-25 games before the end of the season.

Trevor Kettle is still hopeless.

Bound to strengthen in January, worry not.
Of the loanees agree on McCartan being the best, maybe a mention for Gordon scored Saturday and did well in the remainder of the game.
Rowe played for Ipswich at the weekend, wonder if we're still after him?
Someone who can take better corners and free kicks would be handy too.

Bound to strengthen in January, worry not.
Of the loanees agree on McCartan being the best, maybe a mention for Gordon scored Saturday and did well in the remainder of the game.
Rowe played for Ipswich at the weekend, wonder if we're still after him?
Someone who can take better corners and free kicks would be handy too.
Good shout about Rowe.