Match Thread: Lincoln City v Wigan Athletic | Page 8 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Wigan Athletic

Why do we get dragged down to the pace of the opposition? Wigan are terrible, barely League Two/National League in standard. Their entire game plan is simply to close us down as quickly as possible, then hoof it forward to Naismith. We need pace, get Anderson on to run at them.

Poor tonight so far. Other than Johnson and Jones efforts, we haven’t really tested their keeper at all. I would like to see one or two actually taking a shot when the opportunity arises. Wigan are really poor and are there for the taking. come on lads 👏👏👏👊💥

Perhaps we should revert to 7:45 kick offs. First halves of the 7pm ones have been pretty dire on the whole.

We're solid and in control. The next step is moving the ball forward accurately and at pace.

I would imagine that is the aspect that MA keeps alluding to when he talks about being so much better in a years time. That is easier to do when counter attacking, less so against teams set up to defend.

Traditionally successful teams have built from strong foundations and I don't see why this current side can't be the same. I said against Swindon that if you can keep a clean sheet you just need that one moment and I don't see this game as being any different.

Keep patient but up the tempo and try to pull them out of position.

I do think this is the kind of game where crowds used to make a difference. I think our play would be that little bit crisper with a full house roaring them on

Why do we get dragged down to the pace of the opposition? Wigan are terrible, barely League Two/National League in standard. Their entire game plan is simply to close us down as quickly as possible, then hoof it forward to Naismith. We need pace, get Anderson on to run at them.

To be fair to them it is working effectively.

We don't look like breaking them down.

Need a good ht talking-to, up the tempo and improve decision making. Bring on Harry A? Scully looked sharp early on but has struggled to get involved since.

Clear cut chances.....0
On target....................0
Successful dribbles..0
Saves goalies have made....0

Just about sums first half up.

Can we make the play offs by drawing every match?
With the exception of Portsmouth and Fleetwood most teams I've seen appear to just sit back and defend, hoping to avoid losing.
It's difficult to score without a striker when the opposition park the bus every game.