Match Thread: Lincoln City v Swindon Town | Page 15 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Swindon Town

If they think that was long ball...they were definitely not paying attention!
One plonker on their forum said Lincoln still hoof it long at every opportunity....then said why were Swindon knocking the long ball all the time to Adebayo?? Funny really.

Well it's ridiculous to make any rational predictions based upon the one game I've seen but football stripped me of rationality years ago so I'm going to say it anyway. There can't be three league 2 teams better than us, one probably, two possibly but I doubt it, three? Nah, that gives us a top 3 finish, we're watching a promotion winning team, there, I've said it. Cmon you imps.

Yeah, the only downside of the match was the difficulty of reading the numbers on the shirts, not the worst of problems to have...

Are the numbers on the back of the shirt part of a ploy. Imagine the other side shouting watch their number 8 and they can't figure out who that is because the numbers are indistinct.

Probably too simplistic but some players don't come across as being the sharpest so you never know

Observations from yesterday was that Toffolo looked better going forward than defending, albeit the latter was quite minimal. He looks like a player who's going to look to get fouls rather than just dealing with danger.

The physical attributes of Anderson are more akin to a mid-20's player rather than a 20 year old winger. Decision making is certainly that of a 20 year old winger, mind! Had a great game yesterday.

Bostwick got a lot of mentions, but Wharton was outstanding yesterday.

Akinde and O'Connor both showed glimpses of what we're in for when they're both fit.

Freck looks better than last season, as you'd expect.

Andrade is going to be a very good player for us. A flair player but willing to do the dirty work as well.

McCartan is the player we wanted Knott to be. Always on the half turn, always available and can skip past players at will. I was watching him quite closely, and the amount of times he got into space by standing still was crazy.

McCartan is the player we wanted Knott to be. Always on the half turn, always available and can skip past players at will. I was watching him quite closely, and the amount of times he got into space by standing still was crazy.

Completely agree. Very intelligent player, quick feet, skill to burn, has a good shot on him. He will score plenty and make plenty with those attributes.

Agree r.e. names on the shirts i.e. you can't see them.

Away shirt is lovely in the flesh. Still not too taken by the home one.

The names and numbers need changing to white ASAP on the home kit they look awful!
Got the away top really like so don't like the home one at all.
We need a bigger club shop too, it chaos in there ATM.
No cotton polo shirts which are a big favorite with me and my daughter.
Hopefully some in soon.

Two points of interest for the next two games:

a) Tom Pope suffered a back spasm yesterday and is unlikely to play on Tuesday; that leaves them with Miller and Dodds up front;

b) AFC Jolleyrevolution's Mitch Rose was sent off yesterday - a straight red for violent conduct will mean an immediate three or four match ban, depending on how serious his appalling challenge on Koby Arthur is considered to be.

Has anyone else managed to watch the full match replay yet? I've been trying on both mobile and PC and am getting the message "due to rights restrictions you cannot view the game from this location". Despite being able to watch other full replays.

Has anyone else managed to watch the full match replay yet? I've been trying on both mobile and PC and am getting the message "due to rights restrictions you cannot view the game from this location". Despite being able to watch other full replays.
I've found that recently with Firefox and the shorted highlights, tried Chrome and that works fine.

Yes. Last week the side could have easily conceded four goals themselves, despite setting up defensively.

This week, despite dominating most of the game, there's still a lot of insecurity at the back. Vickers had to make another excellent one on one save in the first half when Swindon were offering next to nothing - though that was the only save he needed to make, and in the second there was panic more than once. Swindon had a great opportunity to make it 2-2, undeservedly, but failed to get a shot in.

It looked a lot calmer when Shackell came on and Bostwick moved into midfield.

At the other end, though, there are now masses of creative options.
WHICH GAME DID YOU WATCH ? THE IMPS WERE AT SINCIL BANK YOU KNOW !!

Not sure what's going on there, are you signed in on more than one device? They only allow one device at a time.
I've found with a PC it works well on win 10 with the Edge browser. Like I mentioned before I usually watch on Amazon TV using the Silk browser, you have to request the Desktop site when using that.

Just watched the replay. Starts at 10 mins in with the kick off from Akinde's Pen. Luckily the start of the game is shown in both the highlights and extended highlights.

Not sure what's going on there, are you signed in on more than one device? They only allow one device at a time.
I've found with a PC it works well on win 10 with the Edge browser. Like I mentioned before I usually watch on Amazon TV using the Silk browser, you have to request the Desktop site when using that.

Just watched the replay. Starts at 10 mins in with the kick off from Akinde's Pen. Luckily the start of the game is shown in both the highlights and extended highlights.
Thanks. I tried logging out and uninstalling the app and watching on PC on chrome, but for some reason there is no button for the full match replay on the result page. Strangely enough it's only the Swindon match that has no button for the full match replay, the rest do. I have messaged iFollow support so it remains to be seen whether they can fix it.