Match Thread: Lincoln City v Swindon Town | Page 16 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Swindon Town

The report says Toffolo and Green scored for Swindon!
Very poor!!

Had a good laugh at that one, the echo has its moments but isn't that delusional.

Having listened to 2nd half commentary and watched the iFollow extended highlights, this is scary. Clearly some of the components - Akinde, O'Connor, Shackell - have yet to reach match fitness but are already showing flashes of what they are capable of.

Harry A has rediscovered his mojo, Andrade looks class. Substitutes can change the pattern, pose different questions. A full back brave (or daft) enough to continue his run, an astute pass and even more astute vision for the header back, the 3rd goal was terrific.

I'm so optimistic, I'm worried. We look like we could murder this division, but only 2 games, I'm 50 years an Imp and bear the scars, its always the hope that gets you. But seatbelt is fastened....

Banter seems full of people moaning that Akinde needs to up his game and put more effort in, but my eldest and I (youngest doesn't really give opinions) thought he was excellent.

he is constantly occupying the defenders time and this alone creates space for others.
let`s all give the new guys a chance to blend into a pattern of play and then pass judgement....2 games?
i have made an observational analysis of his 26 goals during the 2016/2017 season and certain service into him will pay dividends especially the long ball delivered deep and early from keeper or full backs is one he will thrive on.(havoc ball ott)

plus having mccarton sitting in the hole will provide good ammunition for chances.

see link ............all detail here make your own analysis
early ball over the top

Last edited:
Sshhhhh! Pete and Nick will be here in a minute. I've got the Lincoln Scarf up on the wall between our desks and I've written 1 on an A4 sheet of paper pinned on the wall on their side of the desk, and 4 on another sheet of A4 on the wall on my side of the desk. arf arf.

Banter seems full of people moaning that Akinde needs to up his game and put more effort in, but my eldest and I (youngest doesn't really give opinions) thought he was excellent.
That's why I left Banter, they all expect new players to play like Ronaldo from the first game. All players are different, some settle quickly others take a bit longer.

Always a great moment when a new striker opens their account. Well done big John. First of many
he is constantly occupying the defenders time and this alone creates space for others.
let`s all give the new guys a chance to blend into a pattern of play and then pass judgement....2 games?
i have made an observational analysis of his 26 goals during the 2016/2017 season and certain service into him will pay dividends especially the long ball delivered deep and early from keeper or full backs is one he will thrive on.(havoc ball ott)

plus having mccarton siting in the hole will provide good ammunition for chances.

see link ............all detail here make your own analysis
early ball over the top
I remember similar discussions over Rheady and Theo. The positioning and movement of players has a huge role in occupying opposition players and thus creating space and opportunities for other attacking players.

Never is it just about what a player does when on the ball.

Players of Akinde's and Rheady's stature, ability and prominence can influence play through just where they stand or move, pulling (metaphorically...) the defenders out of position....