Match Thread: Lincoln City v Swindon Town | Page 33 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Swindon Town

Swindon were much better than I thought and really could have won that. We were worse than I expected, it was two points dropped but in the end we still could have finished with no points.
Overall very sloppy, I think we try and over play sometimes when a simple ball would be easily as useful.
As mentioned, we do miss Bridcutt terribly, it shouldn’t be one man making that much difference but we just seem so open and at risk without him.

Swindon were better than I thought, but we really didn't test thier defense. We had no spell of pressure throughout the game and we handed possession to them countless times.

I guess we were lucky to play badly against them, if that were Sunderland or Peterborough they would have destroyed us.

It's 1 defeat in 12 but I'm not blind to recent performances which do seem a bit of a struggle. I'm not digging any players out - we've hit a bit of a wall but we're still grabbing points. Even though we enjoy playing away, I always thought Plymouth would be one of our toughest fixtures during this period of mainly home games so I just hope we can find a way again to get through that one.

Grant and Scully looked like men carrying injuries which didn't help - a bonus that they were playing maybe but hopefully they will be nearer to 100% by Saturday

...am all for giving opponents credit where it is due, but today was because we were crap - Swindon were there for the taking, and we weren’t up for it. MA should be annoyed.
I thought they played better than we did. I wouldn't say we were crap but certainly second best, I didn't see them making as many stray passes as us, we gave far too many free kicks away just outside the area and were lucky not to be punished for it.
But we didn't lose and go again.

Do you want to know something? Since this current hell started, I have basically used the match thread as a punch bag. I let it all out on the match thread, even if I don't actually necessarily mean what I have said.

Life is so crap right now, just remember that before you jump on what someone has said.

Understand Jules. A match thread now is what you’d say at a game. An off the hand comment which when you’re there is forgotten but on here is logged for everyone.

In the emotion of it, a bad result.

In the grand scheme of things, a point where it could’ve been 3 or 0.

To quote our Danny, never get too high when you win, never get too low when you lose.

This is somewhere in the middle. Everybody chill.

4 points from 2 games we could have lost. Performances currently well below the standard from earlier in the season but we’ve still been picking up points which is the mark of a genuinely good side. This despite the loss of key players through injury and having to blood new players in big matches.
Expectations have been unrealistically raised and getting to the play offs would be a fantastic achievement, possibly with even better to come next season

Do you want to know something? Since this current hell started, I have basically used the match thread as a punch bag. I let it all out on the match thread, even if I don't actually necessarily mean what I have said.

Life is so crap right now, just remember that before you jump on what someone has said.

It’s called disagreeing Jules. Kind of the point of a message board I would have thought.

there are positives everywhere- we could have lost we came from behind twice to draw. Hull and Accrington have lost. Top 2 have moved away

I thought they played better than we did. I wouldn't say we were crap but certainly second best, I didn't see them making as many stray passes as us, we gave far too many free kicks away just outside the area and were lucky not to be punished for it.
But we didn't lose and go again.

Agreed - the FKs just outside the box worry me - one day we'll come up against someone who CAN score from there and we'll be in a mess

Just a quick post while I have some functionality.

We shot ourselves in the foot twice and gave away two goals. You cannot do that, even against relegation candidates.

On the subject of relegation candidates, they are exactly the games you don't want in the final two months of a season. They kick, scream and fight for survival. Just look at tonight: wins for Wimbledon, Burton and Wigan, and draws for Swindon, Northampton and Rochdale (the latter two against each other). I will actually be glad once these 'easier' games are behind us.

Fair play to Swindon, they took note from Accrington and gave it a real good go and to be honest will be kicking themselves as they didn't get the 3 points.

As for us, jeeez, a season has it ups and downs and we're just lacking that *buzz* from earlier in the season. Those quick, tidy passages of play, we see it but just in glimpses. I'd like to see Grant play further forward, be it Sanders or McGrandles, we just need him pushing on. I'd also like to see Johnson move back out wide.

This was bound to happen and I think losing Walsh and Bridcutt means the cracks aren't really covered.

MA and the team have been fantastic and are these results and the reactions to them show they are guilty of their own success. MA has said we're well in front of where he expected us to be and at the moment we're just faltering when a huge prize of promotion is within view.

Personally, still remain hugely positive and look forward to Saturday.
Within view?! Got 18 games left!