Match Thread: Lincoln City v Swindon Town | Page 32 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Swindon Town

This has been our form on the pitch for a number of weeks. In part this evening we constructed some good moves and were better however at back constructed a lot of bad moments. Grant gave the ball away at least three times thirty yards from his own goal and does not seem to be able to put a decent foot in. Johnson and Rogers continue to be hugely frustrating especially lax passing and no idea how to tackle which continually means we are chasing back. Pretty exhausting for a tired team. We now need a two week break, regroup and get some players back. Not sure how we get our form back without it!!!

Fair play to Swindon, they took note from Accrington and gave it a real good go and to be honest will be kicking themselves as they didn't get the 3 points.

As for us, jeeez, a season has it ups and downs and we're just lacking that *buzz* from earlier in the season. Those quick, tidy passages of play, we see it but just in glimpses. I'd like to see Grant play further forward, be it Sanders or McGrandles, we just need him pushing on. I'd also like to see Johnson move back out wide.

This was bound to happen and I think losing Walsh and Bridcutt means the cracks aren't really covered.

MA and the team have been fantastic and are these results and the reactions to them show they are guilty of their own success. MA has said we're well in front of where he expected us to be and at the moment we're just faltering when a huge prize of promotion is within view.

Personally, still remain hugely positive and look forward to Saturday.

1 point is better than 0 though. Not the best of games, but then again we play awful at home this season.
Yep always take something
We’ve no god given right to win and performances are starting to show the running game is a tough one at this stage of the season with the experience and youth we’ve got
Teams become accustomed to the very best of teams so our game may need some tweaking to keep the ball without always looking for runners

Not sure why we haven't tried to give sanders more game time to build up his fitness.

We look much better when grant is playing higher up the pitch (though to be fair he looked knackered pretty much all game today). Sanders seem like he could play the anchoring role pretty well allowing us to push grant further up the pitch.

Combination of injuries to some big players (Bridcutt in particular), and the knock on effect of disrupting our rhythm (Grant playing the deeper role), some tiredness and some anxiety. That has resulted in some forced, disjointed and error strewn play at times.

However we know what the players are capable of and if this is our low time and dip then so be it. Is that one defeat in 11 now?

Later on, with a dozen or so games to play there is every chance we will get key players back and there are a few midweeks off to recharge batteries.

Have a couple of days off lads, spend your time in bed and the jacuzzi and see you on the bus for Plymouth on Friday.

Sloppy seems the word of the night. Asleep in the first minute. Fannying around a minute before half time. Masters of our own downfall tonight. Still, a point. We've been a bit off since Doncaster, roughly coinciding with Bridcutt's absence.

Peterborough the only form team in the top six. Sunderland creeping in. Are other's suffering similarly to us? Weathering this storm whilst we're looking a bit thin on the ground will, I think, be the defining period of our season.

Swindon played well. Yes, we self-destructed, down to Eyoma's lethargy and Palmer's poor ball control, but, given they could have had 4,we got away with one. Methinks Mr Morton might well have got on the end of one of those Scully crosses through the six yard box.

Hope springs eternal.
I don't get why Bramall keeps starting and Poole doesn't. Poole looks pretty close to the level of our other players, whereas Bramall is miles off.

This has been our form on the pitch for a number of weeks. In part this evening we constructed some good moves and were better however at back constructed a lot of bad moments. Grant gave the ball away at least three times thirty yards from his own goal and does not seem to be able to put a decent foot in. Johnson and Rogers continue to be hugely frustrating especially lax passing and no idea how to tackle which continually means we are chasing back. Pretty exhausting for a tired team. We now need a two week break, regroup and get some players back. Not sure how we get our form back without it!!!
As I've said before, Johnson and Rogers are too profligate for both of them to start, and too inexperienced. Good goal tho, but he needs to learn how to pass to a team mate.

Swindon were much better than I thought and really could have won that. We were worse than I expected, it was two points dropped but in the end we still could have finished with no points.
Overall very sloppy, I think we try and over play sometimes when a simple ball would be easily as useful.
As mentioned, we do miss Bridcutt terribly, it shouldn’t be one man making that much difference but we just seem so open and at risk without him.

It’s a blip. In all our best seasons we have had them. There were times in 2016/17 and 2018/19 where we were not great. Did not watch tonight but certainly on Saturday we had too many sloppy passes. I am sure MA will sort that out.

Not sure why we haven't tried to give sanders more game time to build up his fitness.

We look much better when grant is playing higher up the pitch (though to be fair he looked knackered pretty much all game today). Sanders seem like he could play the anchoring role pretty well allowing us to push grant further up the pitch.
Would also avoid putting Johnson in midfield, where he rarely shines.

Do you want to know something? Since this current hell started, I have basically used the match thread as a punch bag. I let it all out on the match thread, even if I don't actually necessarily mean what I have said.

Life is so crap right now, just remember that before you jump on what someone has said.