Match Thread: Lincoln City v Swindon Town | Page 5 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Swindon Town

Most of us will agree 100% on the first point.

But having got into our current position by that football, it's natural to want to see that rightly earned top position maintained. To do that we 'need' to win the majority of our games against sides at the lower end of the table, particularly at home.

Most of us of a certain age can remember promotion bids falling away in, say, 71-72, 82-83 or more recently in 2006-07 (against tonights opponents, though then promotion rivals), in part damaged by home losses against sides we 'expected/ needed' to beat.

This season has been as enjoyable as a remote one can be, but tempered with a natural anxiety born out of bitter experience!

Very true. I remember leaving the ground after the dreadful defeat at Swindon close to the end of the 82/3 campaign right near the end of the season. I seem to think too Swindon were in a similar league position to where they are now.

Very true. I remember leaving the ground after the dreadful defeat at Swindon close to the end of the 82/3 campaign right near the end of the season. I seem to think too Swindon were in a similar league position to where they are now.

On an awful pitch if memory serves, the Imps never really got going that day.

I remember that day well!

One of the most disgusting matches I have been at - The away fans were in the paddock down the side of the ground and in the tier above there was Swindon school kids gobbing on the gathered Imps away following below. Despite profuse compliants from Lincoln fans to the stewards, they did nothing to intervene! Today I believe that is classed as assault.

The long trip back on the supporters coach was eventful too, if far less disgusting!

Evening all, It's a little bit windy in Lincoln at present so might well be another scruffy game, wine opened to calm my nerves.