Match Thread: Lincoln City v Swindon Town | Page 31 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Swindon Town

We were sloppy. Lacking concentration. Prone to errors all over the pitch. We should have won that, and yet it could easily have been a defeat. We arent playing with the energy we did 6 games ago. All of a sudden our high tempo game has petered out in recent games and we are having to grind out the points. Nobody stood out for me today. Edun did well when he came on, Hopper battled as usual, but the rest were par or below par.

Defensively we looked terrible, midfield couldn’t find a city player with any regularity and Hopper fed on scraps. Goalkeeper! Less said the better.

Swindon played well. Yes, we self-destructed, down to Eyoma's lethargy and Palmer's poor ball control, but, given they could have had 4,we got away with one. Methinks Mr Morton might well have got on the end of one of those Scully crosses through the six yard box.

Hope springs eternal.

We seem to have a policy of playing low crosses to the edge of the 6 yard box but there's rarely anyone there to meet them - if there had been, we could have scored 3 or 4 more tonight. Other than that, it was a game of misplaced passes

they are all tough ones, but they all get a lot tougher when you play as sloppily as that. didn't feel like we had any control in midfield again. lots of poor interplay, and they seem to be interpreting play fast football as play hasty unthinking football too often. why choose so many difficult passes, which are a lottery in windy conditions on what looks like a fast bouncy pitch.
we are redefining the 2pts a game: scrape a draw at home, win away.
5 home games in 7 might not be an advantage ))) uti.

Disappointing dropping of 2 points, with results elsewhere that's a missed opportunity to put daylight between ourselves and some of the chasers.

Worryingly sloppy and leggy with a run of 2 games a week for the next few weeks. Worst performance of the season?

Someone posted earlier that maybe we arent as good as we think we are? We simply were nowhere near as good tonight as we can be.

Onto Saturday, need to keep the away form ticking over.

Error-strewn game, didn't really enjoy any of it. Apart from the very late set-pieces I was relieved that even the point wasn't thrown away.

We've seen some wonderful football this season but, although conditions in the last two games have been very windy, performances lately are really not very good.

That's been the case for a while. I wish tiredness wasn't being used as a ready excuse, our players haven't played any more than anyone else's and as we have about the youngest team in the league it shouldn't be a problem.

When the opposition are able to stop us playing the ball from defence into midfield we don't seem to have much idea and end up passing the ball from side to side until someone tries a diagonal to find the full back. Tonight that mostly seemed to end up in the stand.

Having heard from the Swindon fan how awful they are, I can only assume that was a bit of kidology. When they were on TV at Ipswich recently they were the better side that day.

Now I'm going to drink until I forget what I've just seen.

Because we are still second. We are still massively over achieving. We are missing several key players who would normally be in the starting 11. The remaining players who are fit enough to start look mentally and physically exhausted. And despite all of this, if it wasn’t for a horrendous mistake from Palmer we’d probably have won. Not necessarily deservedly so, but we’d more than likely have done. There have been plenty of embarrassing and disgraceful performances over the years, and will be more to come. This was not one of them. Disappointing yes, disgraceful and embarrassing no.