Match Thread: Lincoln City v Swindon Town | Page 17 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Swindon Town

Gutted to be honest. Shocking from Palmer. Rogers provided a couple of magical moments but has been well off the pace. Not sure where Jackson dissapeared to when Pitman hit the bar.

We had moments but second half needs to be seriously better.

Absolutely shocking. We have created a few good chances and wasted them, and gifted them the ball far too often, also in dangerous areas leading to chances.

We're beating ourselves tonight.
Yep, feels like par for the course at the minute. Oppositions know they don't need to be too adventurous against us in the 1st half as invariably we will gift them one or two chances.

Good game for the neutral.

We've been poor. We've only had 2 moments of quality, the ball from Rodgers leading to the penalty and the ball from grant for scully's chance.

Fair play to Swindon as well, they are really going for it.

HT. Not played badly but just a bit sloppy at the wrong times. Unusually sloppy from Palmer for the second goal. We’re not far away from a couple of goals as I don’t think their GK and defence is particularly good, but we need to sort the final ball out. Rogers has that ability to win a game, but there are times when he is very frustrating with some of his passing. I wonder if Edun should replace him to give us some more options on the left, particularly with his understanding with Grant. MA HT talk needed to sort them out. At least there shouldn’t be any over-playing with the wind second half.

A rocket from Appleton will be delivered. The arrogance of messing about at the back needs to be sorted out for good. There are times to pass it around and times to leather the ball as far as possible away from our goal. Frustrating. At least we have a full half to redeem ourselves.

Slow sloppy start sets the tone. god they make hard work of home games
treading on bananas, then shooting themselves in the foot as they fall.
laughably inept. swindon just sitting and waiting for the gifts.
and it is tedious watching how ours are incapable of adapting the passing to the conditions. Keep it on the grass, simple and short ffs.

when we get it half right we were giving them the run around.

seems to be a hung ho approach to home games, where a disciplined safety-first approach works brilliantly in away games. hard to understand why we change personalities.

over to ma yet again

One of the most disgusting matches I have been at - The away fans were in the paddock down the side of the ground and in the tier above there was Swindon school kids gobbing on the gathered Imps away following below. Despite profuse compliants from Lincoln fans to the stewards, they did nothing to intervene! Today I believe that is classed as assault.

The long trip back on the supporters coach was eventful too, if far less disgusting!
I have to say with no regret our lot had to sort a few of there lot out outside the ground after the match...never liked em

Struggling all over the pitch. Really sloppy passing. We're doing everything slowly. Palmer is getting too cocky with the ball, to do that straight on the back of the last home game is really poor.

Need to really up the tempo and be far more precise in possession. Doesn't feel like we're likely to pull this around at the moment.

prone to error in that first half. we seem to have a gaping hole in the midfield, and they attack through us at will. Our concentration levels are the problem. we are not on it, and havent been for a few games now. Need to sort out the basics. I'd put edun on for Bramall and jones on for mcgrandles, who's going to get sent off before long. i can see us clawing a goal back, just cant afford any more silly mistakes.

Why Bramall?

Ipswich and Crewe - who started the day in 12th and 14th positions - are the highest teams to be winning at half time.