Match Thread: Lincoln City v Sunderland | Page 37 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could easily get around that by naming him on the bench and bringing him on after say five minutes.

I was thinking this but surely not good for morale if you’re the player they take off after 5 minutes, even if it’s pre planned. Can’t see it myself

If they can’t come to an agreement I suspect he will play the second half, depending how the game pans out

I suppose McGready has a choice, accept being a sub in order to say goodbye to at least 10,000 fans in the Stadium when he comes on, or throw his toys out of his pram and pull up injured on Friday. Any offer of a contract for next year if they go up looks like a long-shot at best and pretty humiliating if he were to take the offer. Final option is taking a massive drop in wages to see him turning out for Sunderland in League 1 next year.

It would seem to be out of Sunderland's hands. They can't afford his wages in League 1 next year and have backed themselves into a corner by not resting him for a couple of games before the end of the regular season. Pretty poor management all round by the looks of it.

Wasn't Ross criticised for leaving McGeady out? Maybe he knew what he was doing.

Anyway, their problem, and may be more prematch shithousery like the "injured" players prior to last night. That cunning plan worked well, Baldrick!

I hope that you're ok.
Thanks Barney, all ok now. Leaving the game being driven home I lost my memory (not kidding). Did not even know what day it was must have been too much excitement after missing live football for a year. Medical team said I had transient global amnesia. Had to look on vitals in A&E to get my memory back of of the game. All good now and can remember it all, thankfully.
You could say I had a memorable/unmemorable evening.
Just hope this does not re-occur on Saturday afternoon lol.

Thanks Barney, all ok now. Leaving the game being driven home I lost my memory (not kidding). Did not even know what day it was must have been too much excitement after missing live football for a year. Medical team said I had transient global amnesia. Had to look on vitals in A&E to get my memory back of of the game. All good now and can remember it all, thankfully.

Pleased to hear you’re ok Glentham

Wow, all the best Glentham glad you've got your memory back!

Of course that happened when we beat sunderland in the league one playoffs rather rather than North Ferriby at home!

Chuffed that you're ok - hopefully, Saturday will be extremely memorable!!

Status
Not open for further replies.