Match Thread: Lincoln City v Sunderland | Page 28 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky think anyone without 100 million in the bank is an underdog.

Considering the amount of money Sunderland have got, no wonder the fans are pissed off.

Well done to the lads. Super display. Yes we got a little lucky just before we scored (great save by Bursik) but Sunderland are very industrial part from McGeady which we all know.

Sets up that 2nd leg. We will score I have no doubt about it. Key here is to get through the first 15 mins without conceding.

Just logged on to the match report on the BBC & its comments. There is some clown saying Blackpool are iinvincibles. They may have the form but its a one cup final & form is irrelevant & their recent draw at SB was against well our weakened team.

Had to come off the Sunderland board. 180 pages of full on meltdown and counting 🤣🤣

indeed I think Sunderland fans expect league 1 to play like the premiership. I wonder what they would make of league 2. I think they need to get their heads out of the clouds and dispel those delusions of grandeur

Hey up, Old Gradu,
I have just been onto Wiki to check whether he played for Sunderland at some point because I couldn't remember him doing so: he didn't. So why so biased? Strange.
Perhaps, fortunately, I couldn't understand him. But I am very Mutt and Jeff. "I rest my case, me Lud".

I saw a comment on the Sunderland site saying next year will be their 4th in L1. A couple of things thanks for giving up so easily and secondly now maybe your fans can start referring to the club as a L1 side and not a club to big to be here.

I think Sunderland rely on their physicality to wear down their opposition. We stood up. And stayed stood up. Great effort. Yea, they were ponderous, but much of that was down to our excellent press and recovery. Well proud of our club/team today - they took on the challenge and came up tops. Let’s finish the job on Saturday in a similar vein, then it’s a cup final where anything can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.