Match Thread: Lincoln City v Shrewsbury Town | Page 13 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Shrewsbury Town

Red card on iFollow looked questionable, real am dram moment from their player, deserved a yellow but no more.

Poor match from both sides, too many of ours short of their usual levels.

Well, that was exciting. I actually fell asleep for 10 minutes during the second half ???. Disappointed we didn’t get a couple of chances against their defence. What was Bolger thinking about, assuming the red card was justified, which I’m not sure about. Don’t think any of our players did that well, apart from Shackell & Vickers.

Watching on IFollow it's really difficult to judge the red card. Will have to wait for any better angles

We are not going to be challenging the top of the table, that is clear. But we need to stuff Bolton to ensue we don’t fall out the league

Our attacking play is sooo slow! Unnecessary sideways and backward passes giving them all the time in the world to get 11 men back behind the ball and we can't break them down. We never looked like scoring v 11 on Saturday and it was the same tonight.

why was bolger even fouling on the touchline! the ball went down the middle, straight to an unmarked shackell. very strange.

morrell was quiet tonight second half, maybe a bit of a come down after playing against modric.

they had their first shot on target after 86 minutes, and then suddenly went crazy peppering the goal for the rest of the game.

looked like we were going to lose in that last ten minutes, so a decent point. but it was a game to forget.

uti.

Well, we had three decent opportunities in the first half but all shots went over the bar. Only real one in the second half was Akinde's shot - a pity Walker was too eager and went offside.

We found it difficult to get past Shrewsbury's three centre back formation.

As sedgleyimp says, couldn't really judge the sending off incident on iFollow.

Glad to come out of it with a point in the end.

Well, that was exciting. I actually fell asleep for 10 minutes during the second half ???. Disappointed we didn’t get a couple of chances against their defence. What was Bolger thinking about, assuming the red card was justified, which I’m not sure about. Don’t think any of our players did that well, apart from Shackell & Vickers.
I though toffolo did well again maybe a bit let down by his team mates when making his runs

We are not going to be challenging the top of the table, that is clear. But we need to stuff Bolton to ensue we don’t fall out the league

Bit of an extreme post. We are solidly mid-table for this league which is incredible when you think where we were only 3/4 years ago.

Plus don't expect a 5 or 6 against Bolton. Very different defenders than August for them now

couple of other random ifollow points.
camera position was wrong - the gantry was blocking the view of the near touchline. this wasn't the case for the sunderland game.

and someone needs to reposition the ads on the grass behind the goal. they are still facing the co-op.

Bit of an extreme post. We are solidly mid-table for this league which is incredible when you think where we were only 3/4 years ago.

Plus don't expect a 5 or 6 against Bolton. Very different defenders than August for them now

not really we need to pick up points at home to teams like Shrewsbury who were worse then the team we beat at Wembley.

Absolutely no cutting edge. I'm starting to want us to go back to the long ball game of the last few years and get the ball into the last third quickly. All this pretty short passing is not producing anything.

Absolutely no cutting edge. I'm starting to want us to go back to the long ball game of the last few years and get the ball into the last third quickly. All this pretty short passing is not producing anything.

I think the successful teams at this level mix it up. We are not good enough or clever enough to do that yet.

also we got stuffed 6 nil so perhaps the players mentality is don’t get beaten and there is always a chance to get on on the break

Shrewsbury came to spoil 5-3-2, take an age doing anything, kicking the ball away. It seems to be teams that sit back we struggle against particularly at home and that was a problem the Cowleys had aswell.
We couldn’t get our key men into the game and in truth it was a drab affair from both sides, it’s a point where maybe a few weeks ago we may have conceded late on.

Well that was fun. Has to be the dullest game I’ve seen in years. Absolutely nothing to get excited about. Even saw both flags well before Walker netted so not even the initial elation there. Not sure about the sending off. Bolger was keeping the player away with his extended arm and the contact looked like it was around his right cheek area but it was not dangerous conduct in any way. Hope the club appeals that one. Overall the positives are a clean sheet and a point in the bag. Tuesday will be interesting if Bozzy is still out.

Yep very happy with mid table
The step up from L2 to L1 is massive compared to NL to L2
Putting the manager changer aside this season was always consolation
We’ve shown today the hard to beat desire we’ll need this season
Happy with the point and clean sheet
Uti