Match Thread: Lincoln City v Rotherham United | Page 11 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Rotherham United

Got out of jail with that one.
1. Poor defending at times from both defence and midfield not picking up players and allowing them to run at us.​
2. Loss of shape.​
3. Positive: Josh Griffiths - what a performance, otherwise it was a cricket score with a combination of great saves and poor finishing.​

Not much more to add to the above. We were poor for the first 20 minutes and poor for the last 20 minutes. It was a bit more even in between, and I was glad to see Fiorini make no mistake with the goal as those sort of chances have been missed before.

Still can't believe Rotherham didn't win - about 80% due to Griffiths and 20% thanks to missed chances towards the end.

Definitely glad of a point in the end.

Touch and passing from almost every player was terrible, we couldn't hold possession for five seconds. We have no defensive qualities at all in midfield except for Bridcutt. Sorensen looked like he has never played the game before. Robson totally swamped by Ogbene, what a pity that guy plays for Rotherham. A point won thanks to Griffiths.

Ffs ifollow cuts out earlier this season before any interviews but still can't listen to radio lincolnshire via web so no way of listening post match. Thank god we escaped that last 15 minutes!

Ffs ifollow cuts out earlier this season before any interviews but still can't listen to radio lincolnshire via web so no way of listening post match. Thank god we escaped that last 15 minutes!

I've got Radio Lincs website on now - Griffiths intervew.

Jamie Robson will now be in no doubt about the quality of players he will come up against in League 1. He was given a bit of a roasting tonight and he will work hard to respond as the season progresses.

In our defence, it is very difficult to compete against such an aerial bombardment when every striker against you is seven feet tall. However, that problem was caused elsewhere by poor passing. As soon as we lost it, the ball was whacked back to the edge of our penalty area which is where Rotherham are most effective. They actually reminded me of Wycombe in some ways.

Jamie Robson will now be in no doubt about the quality of players he will come up against in League 1. He was given a bit of a roasting tonight and he will work hard to respond as the season progresses.
Proves the standard of the SPL is below that of L1, as Alan Power has shown, indeed hard work needed by Jamie.

There's some positive signs with Robson he seems to be very comfortable using his right foot so our passing down that side is less predictable. Once he's up and running I can see him doing well.

Quite glad to have missed that. A point gained though.
I thought it was a good match, we seemed to respond well to the challenge early in the 2nd half and I thought we might kick on and win after out goal but the last 15 minutes were tough.

We were our own worst enemy with the distribution from the back, though. Played ourselves into trouble time after time in the last 15 as Rotherham closed down the receivers. Griffiths started to go long and than goodness he did.

A lot for MA to think about, there. He still hasn't worked out how to play against teams like Rotherham imho.

We were our own worst enemy with the distribution from the back, though. Played ourselves into trouble time after time in the last 15 as Rotherham closed down the receivers. Griffiths started to go long and than goodness he did.

A lot for MA to think about, there. He still hasn't worked out how to play against teams like Rotherham imho.
We've struggled against sides who press high and with tempo, we've struggled against sides who play 3 at the back. Rotherham did both and we were very lucky not to have lost.

Man alive that was a tough watch it looked men v boys at times
Not sure what went wrong as we looked unable to string 2 passes together or keep the ball
Some excellent goal keeping which has earned us a decent point
Hopper looks a yard short of fitness again and is having a tough time getting into any game this season
Never too high or too low
Uti