Match Thread: Lincoln City v Rotherham United | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Rotherham United

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
"They need to channel a belief in that and play to their potential.":

"Play with confidence and belief. Difficult to do, right now, but we have some talented young players who have more than a little ability. They need to channel a belief in that and play to their potential."

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk...a-belief-in-that-and-play-to-their-potential/

Lincoln City v Rotherham United - Prepare For Touchline Tantrums:

Information about tonight's officials.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/lincoln-city-v-rotherham-united-prepare-for-touchline-tantrums/

MA: "We're so far away from where I want to be.":

Summary of Thursday's press conference with Michael Appleton.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/ma-were-so-far-away-from-where-i-want-to-be/

"I think he's probably learned more this season than any other he's been in charge." (Who Are Ya?):

"I think he's probably learned more this season than any other he's been in charge. He tends to get what he wants and that is a team of young players with just a couple of 'old' heads in there too. I'm still not so sure about some of his substitutions but it's working so..."

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk...his-season-than-any-other-hes-been-in-charge/

Forecast at kick off
Cloudy, 10% chance of rain 5 degrees (feels like 1 deg in the wind chill).
27mph gusts of wind... although likely to be worse on Saturday

Last edited:
Most likely post match comment anyone? Mine is ‘roll on Tuesday’.

The very occasional Friday night under lights is a welcome addition to the schedule for me. Looking forward to it.

My barometer has been set to realistic for this one. Rotherham have the potential to be a Nadir at this juncture - a team renowned for its physicality going well at the top of the league. I have low expectation for this particular match but expect us to turn up and battle, also will be looking for some decent passages of progressive play when we do have periods of possession. In a nutshell, performance over result tonight; I'll be more concerned about the result come Tuesday.

Last edited:
Like Hully I've half an eye on Tuesday.
3 points from these two games would be good, any more would be amazing (and we know we can give anyone more than a game at the Bank)!

Hitting 40 points with three months of the season left would surely ease any fears.

Should be a fast paced game tonight as Rotherham will certainly come at us. To be honest with changes that we are going through I would take a point all day long. Will be interesting to see what the starting line up will be. Think Bridcutt will certainly start as we need some beef in the middle. Up front will be interesting. Will Scully get a start due to his physical style or will Tyreece get the nod to continue. I feel Hopper will be the main striker for one of them to partner. Looking at the weekend forecast I’m glad we’re playing tonight now. UTI 👊💥

Morning Team Match Thread. On my travels today but will try to keep up......

One point and some reassuring green shoots I reckon. COYI!!!!

I'd kind like us to go 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1 to give the advantage in midfield (they'll go 4-4-2), but not sure who the lone striker would be so I'm still seeing 4-4-2 with Bridcutt coming into midfield and Anderson starting compared with last week.
Interesting to see if Jack Payne is pushing for a place though?

Rotherham are a big robust side - where have we heard that before? We'll need to be intelligent and clinical. Hopefully there will be a bit of underdog about tonight from fans and players. At least Le Fondre isn't playing as he seemed to always score against us.

Rotherham are a big robust side - where have we heard that before? We'll need to be intelligent and clinical. Hopefully there will be a bit of underdog about tonight from fans and players. At least Le Fondre isn't playing as he seemed to always score against us.

Le Fondre is still playing, now aged 33, for Sydney FC where he scored the winning goal v Brisbane on Saturday. He has scored 15 goals in 15 games this season apparently.

Would be nice if Hopper could emulate Mr Le Fondre, starting today.

Will be happy tonget up and watch at 5.45am instead off 1am . bonus.

will be a tough game
👍👏 3:45am for me. Be interesting to see what team MA puts out & how they get on against the league leaders. Hope they turn in a good performance. UTI 👏

Theoretically we can still do the double over 6 teams. This one would be our first of the season.