Match Thread: Lincoln City v Rotherham United | Page 6 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Rotherham United

Very good first half. Bridcutt looks a quality signing. Gets about well, calm, composed and playing really well both defensively and some lovely passes. This ref is a complete numpty. He’s card happy and pedantic. I can see us getting an early second half goal if we carry on like this (assuming we don’t get one sent off 😱😳). Would like to see Scully come on as I think he’d give the CBs more problems than JJ with his pace and physicality. Not that JJ is having a bad game, but just different problems for their defence. There is definitely something in this game for us if we carry on like this.

I do think everyone is putting in a shift. Couple of dodgy moments by Melbourne but class defending late on to see a dangerous position out for a goal kick
John-Jules working hard on his own upfront. Winning that corner from Josh's long punt was a great work ethic

12 fouls they’ve committed but 0 yellows, whereas we’ve committed just 3 fouls yet 2 cards ..... disgraceful refereeing 😡

To be fair the Bolger one was the most obvious yellow card of the half.

Decent enough despite the longish scrappy spells. The chances missed by both Grant and Anderson were from terrific moves, the best football of the half by either side.

Can I get out of the way my contractual obligation to say Hortin is the worst commentator on any local radio station and to be honest if we've got to put up with it on ifollow I'd sooner just listen to Thompson.

Melbourne looks a bit over excited if you ask me. Is this his first game under the lights? Bridcutt looks great. JJ needs to work on that killer instinct. CBs looking great.

I am definitely a bigger fan of us playing a 4-4-1-1 than the 4-4-2.

When Mapps get them to gel fully beware some nice stuff in there. feel Lewis is a tad unlucky not even on bench but hopefully his time will come. eardley is having a good year though

Hortin doesn't even know who we are playing. I listened to the Southend game Saturday and watched it Sunday. Was Hortin even there? Pure drivel.

To be fair the Bolger one was the most obvious yellow card of the half.

Decent enough despite the longish scrappy spells. The chances missed by both Grant and Anderson were from terrific moves, the best football of the half by either side.

Can I get out of the way my contractual obligation to say Hortin is the worst commentator on any local radio station and to be honest if we've got to put up with it on ifollow I'd sooner just listen to Thompson.

Not sure I agree. Bolger didn’t actually make contact. Would have been better just for the ref to give him a stern talking to.

My Rotherham-supporting neighbour reckons they're the best team in the League. On their first-half performance, I beg to differ.