Match Thread: Lincoln City v Rotherham United | Page 13 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Rotherham United

Just looked at the highlights.

Hesketh played a vital parts in our best 2 chances in the first half (for those who thought he was anonymous).

A beautifully weighted ball to put Anderson through to set up the Grant header and a great cross which Anderson couldn’t quite guide into the net.

No doubt that the ball he played for Anderson's chance (who should have score) was pass of the match, but Hesketh doesn't do enough for me to start.

His first touch isn't good enough and for the good balls he plays he plays, he plays a shocker as well (there was one pint where we were 4 on 2 and he over played a ball to Harry and it was the completely wrong ball). He's not strong enough on the ball and isn't brave enough to tackle or challenge headers. I don't think he links up play well enough.

I have no idea what that means but I will assume it doesn't mean an articulate and engaging conversation on the merits of 4-4-2 or 3-5-2.

Green Street is a crap football hooligan film from about 15 years ago supposedly based on West Ham. Had Frodo Baggins in it for the Americans

ONE goal scored, if we are doing capitals and want to be accurate about things.

Just to add a bit of balance before the usual suspects start whining pitifully, three of those four defeats have been to teams in the top six.

The next five games are all very winnable.
It doesn’t matter when you lose, you lose! Four defeats in a row now!

For a team top of the league their passing at times was appalling, you get the feeling they'll struggle again if they get promoted, crooks was great with the goal but some of his other play was definitely lacking.
Their no.5 was a lucky boy.
Played to their strengths.
They weren’t that good, just big and strong and able to influence a very poor referee!

Bolger was superb today, won everything today and didn't do much wrong. Best not to talk about Shackell's performance. You can tell he had a bad game when, as captain, he walked straight down to the tunnel on the full time Whistle.
Cian, the 8 adwarves, Vickers and the liability.

The referee was poor, but he didn't have any big decisions to make that would greatly influence the game
He gave almost every marginal decision to them and decided to book our players for minor infringements. We made 9 fouls got 2 bookings. They made 20 fouls got 1 booking, but not for a foul.

The referee was poor, but he didn't have any big decisions to make that would greatly influence the game
I beg to differ, thought he should have given them a pen in the first half, as did several around me. Other than that, he was shocking and not for one minute did he have control of the game.

He gave almost every marginal decision to them and decided to book our players for minor infringements. We made 9 fouls got 2 bookings. They made 20 fouls got 1 booking, but not for a foul.

I came to the conclusion he was incapable of being able to keep to track of who had committed each crime after he booked Bolger. Bolger's foul was never a booking but the foul straight after it was a clear yellow. He played on for both fouls but had no idea who committed the second foul and looked like he even asked the Rotherham players who had done it! Pathetic! If he coukdnt do that, he was never going to be capable of keeping track of foulsm

I beg to differ, thought he should have given them a pen in the first half, as did several around me. Other than that, he was shocking and not for one minute did he have control of the game.

What for? A potential penalty for Rotherham was never even mentioned in my parts!

What for? A potential penalty for Rotherham was never even mentioned in my parts!

There was what looked via IFollow a handball by one of ours in the box about half way through the first half. It was a bit crowded to be fair to the ref

aware we did bring in a keeper to cover smith going out on loan, but he is 20 with no experience. we also brought in an inexperienced centre half on loan. i was more thinking about a keeper and centre backs that you would call foundations, or first names on the team sheet, for the team going forward this season, and into next season. for the grand playing-it-out-from-the-back scheme.

presumably no-one suitable was available, or the ones we have didn't want to leave/were not wanted by anyone else.

Yes agreed.
Perhaps Bostwick coming back (soon?) will at least fill one experienced alot.
Keeper is a little more of a worry Vickers can be (and has been) excellent at times. Is he repeated injuries now causing a big problem with his kicking though?
If so, that's not a sustainable situation sadly, and another experienced goalie will then be needed.

A cross was whipped in from the co-op side, their guy was running in onto it and was pushed over at the far stick.

You must mean that cross into the box when one player from each team were trying to challenge for the ball. One fell down and one stayed on their feet, never a penalty and hardly worth a mention.

Bolger was superb today, won everything today and didn't do much wrong. Best not to talk about Shackell's performance. You can tell he had a bad game when, as captain, he walked straight down to the tunnel on the full time Whistle.
He is always the first Imp off the pitch and usually applauds us from the centre but even quicker yesterday!

The no.5 who trampled on Grant? Utter scumbag he was!

Scully made him look silly near the end, going right through him.

Once he got over his initial giddiness at making his debut, there were some excellent signs, with some deft flicks and intelligent passes, one of which gave John Jules the chance near the end.

Wasn't at all fazed by the beasts and monsters of Rotherham.

Looking forward to seeing more of him.