Match Thread: Lincoln City v Port Vale | Page 15 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Port Vale

At 1-0 you are always in danger of conceding a late equaliser hopefully DC will bring in 2 or 3 new faces to freshen ûp the squad this week which is required several players are running on empty at present.

Wingers thrive on confidence - just look at Anderson the last few games. Andrade is still not fully fit, and with that and the games he has missed, he doesn't have the same confidence at the moment.

Apart from those worrying stats, the big difference for me is in midfield where we are passing square or backwards, and not looking to create anything. Freck has been the worst offender - the past 4-6 weeks his first move when he gets the ball is to turn towards his own goal. Earlier in the season his turn was always forward before he laid the ball off. O'Connor has started to do the same too, and Pett is just going through a bit of a bad patch.

To maintain our lead at the top in what is a really average division this year, we definitely need two or three starters to come in and improve the group. We can't miss a chance like this and tail off because we didn't invest.

Thought we were pretty poor today, but to be fair Vale didn’t look the fodder that their recent results may have suggested. For me, we need a midfielder who can get around and win the second ball - lost count of the number of times today we won the header in the box for a vale player to recycle it straight back where it came from with little pressure. Their goal being a case in point - no one near him when he hit it.

Meh we have become a little stale recently but I view it as a combination of fatigue and people playing with injuries. I would rather be going into a timely transfer window 8 points clear of fourth than 8 points behind third. Without being complacent we are in a fantastic position so need to keep calm, freshen up in January window and keep on chipping away. The prize is third place so we are ahead of where we need to be and I am confident we will hit a patch of form at some point to keep us where we need to be.

Thought we were pretty poor today, but to be fair Vale didn’t look the fodder that their recent results may have suggested. For me, we need a midfielder who can get around and win the second ball - lost count of the number of times today we won the header in the box for a vale player to recycle it straight back where it came from with little pressure. Their goal being a case in point - no one near him when he hit it.
That recycling is because we rarely leave anybody up!

Maybe a little complacent today? Maybe tired from all the injury time lately? We really need to be killing games off and going for goals instead of just trying to see the game out.
3/4 of them are clearly struggling with knocks but nothing a few new faces being added won't sort.
I'm sure we all would have settled for being 4 points clear at the start of January.

Meh we have become a little stale recently but I view it as a combination of fatigue and people playing with injuries. I would rather be going into a timely transfer window 8 points clear of fourth than 8 points behind third. Without being complacent we are in a fantastic position so need to keep calm, freshen up in January window and keep on chipping away. The prize is third place so we are ahead of where we need to be and I am confident we will hit a patch of form at some point to keep us where we need to be.

And Cambridge didn't look the fodder that MK Dons made them appear today, either. I sense a pattern: we make fodder look like decent teams. ;)

But that aside, we're a good position. I think a few astute additions will help. I still worry that the Cowley's small-squad prediliction will be our Achilles Heel

Blimey I go away to cook the tea and our world seems to have ended again.
Teams in this league will not bow down before us. This is a very level league but one where we have won more games this season than any other club in the division.
Stats on corners/shots/pies eaten are irrelevant.
Points earned is what matters.

Andrade is a player ever other club in our division would want in their first eleven. At the moment he is not fully fit and as his game is based primarily on pace and taking on a defender. Injuries will restrict this. I really can't believe people are suggesting he's not trying and should be sold. That should only happen if we get a too good to turn down offer which to me would be seven figures.

Teams in this league will not bow down before us. This is a very level league but one where we have won more games this season than any other club in the division.

Andrade is a player ever other club in our division would want in their first eleven. At the moment he is not fully fit and as his game is based primarily on pace and taking on a defender. Injuries will restrict this. I really can't believe people are suggesting he's not trying and should be sold. That should only happen if we get a too good to turn down offer which to me would be seven figures.

How do you know Andrade isn't fully fit? And, if he isn't, why is he playing?

At the moment I have no worries about facing teams like MK Dons with high stakes. It’s the middle teams where we struggle.

Perhaps it is a tiredness issue. We don’t rotate too much and pitches are difficult at this time of year which will tire the players out more.

We are a self sustaining team if we flogg him we can sign 2/3 of the next raw material into the Sincil Bank production line.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes to somewhere like Peterborough or Scunthorpe. That’s ok as long as we get a sell on fee

He said himself we are a stepping stone. I think he is about to leap to the next one.

And Cambridge didn't look the fodder that MK Dons made them appear today, either. I sense a pattern: we make fodder look like decent teams. ;)

But that aside, we're a good position. I think a few astute additions will help. I still worry that the Cowley's small-squad prediliction will be our Achilles Heel

Yep. We play teams that raise their game each week because we've been top just about all season. I wonder how many teams get hammered the week after playing us because they put that much into trying to beat the top of the league? That's got to make it hard for our boys the longer the season goes on but we'll get there. I hope
:hmmm:

I’d also say that Andrade has picked up a knock and isn’t fully fit.

My guess would be DC doesn’t see any of the potential replacements signing permanently which is why he plays.

Often DC doesn’t play loanees unless they’re likely to sign permanently. He looks more long term when picking teams and developing players.

How do you know Andrade isn't fully fit? And, if he isn't, why is he playing?

He returned from injury against Newport as a sub and his pace wasn't quite there on a couple of late runs as it was before his injury. I think his selection has been a needs must as Mensah/Luque who would be the probable replacements are not trusted by the management hence the latter leaving and the former probably going back to Bristol. In many ways this shows he is willing to go that bit extra for the team

Seven figures !!! You are kidding

We are a self sustaining team if we flogg him we can sign 2/3 of the next raw material into the Sincil Bank production line.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes to somewhere like Peterborough or Scunthorpe. That’s ok as long as we get a sell on fee

He said himself we are a stepping stone. I think he is about to leap to the next one.
Scunthorpe no chance buddy but we all know Peterborough like to throw cash about.
4/5 new faces to freshen things will make a huge difference, just hope they're in sooner rather than later.
I doubt we'll see anyone before the Swindon game.