Match Thread: Lincoln City v Peterborough United | Page 44 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Peterborough United

I drafted and deleted my rather tedious review of today and thought I’d share my thoughts that have been building for a while, though have been reluctant to actually say it. We weren’t at our best today but we were terrific in the end. We should have won but we’ve proved we’re worthy of competing with any top 5 side. I’ll stick my neck out and say when we are at at our best, we’re the best in the league.

It has felt for a while like we’re the young boys gatecrashing the party, and sooner or later, the bigs boys would kick us out. They’re leaving it late and we might just end up up shagging the fit bird at the end of the night

I drafted and deleted my rather tedious review of today and thought I’d share my thoughts that have been building for a while, though have been reluctant to actually say it. We weren’t at our best today but we were terrific in the end. We should have won but we’ve proved we’re worthy of competing with any top 5 side. I’ll stick my neck out and say when we are at at our best, we’re the best in the league.

It has felt for a while like we’re the young boys gatecrashing the party, and sooner or later, the bigs boys would kick us out. They’re leaving it late and we might just end up up shagging the fit bird at the end of the night
🙈😂🤣👍👏🤞

Dreams or happy memories, Huntsward?

Finally got to watch the game on I-Follow late last night. I think Ferguson got his tactics spot on for much of the game, given his team’s lack of game time and selection issues, etc. That said, Posh rode their luck at times and perhaps got a fortuitous point (the point blank save by Pym, the missed penalty, Scully and Johnson’s opportunities). On another day we could have won 4 - 1, but we didn’t. Past teams may have lost 1 - 0 but not this team. The important thing is we still picked up a point and are still four points clear. Good to see Morgan get a decent amount of time for his debut. I can see what MA means when he says Morgan is not quite fit - hopefully if he plays a full game against AS tomorrow that might help. There will be games like Saturdya, particularly against other top sides. On to a Tuesday (Pizza Cup) and Saturday (assuming it’s on 🤞). UTMI 👏

Finally got to watch the game on I-Follow late last night. I think Ferguson got his tactics spot on for much of the game, given his team’s lack of game time and selection issues, etc. That said, Posh rode their luck at times and perhaps got a fortuitous point (the point blank save by Pym, the missed penalty, Scully and Johnson’s opportunities). On another day we could have won 4 - 1, but we didn’t. Past teams may have lost 1 - 0 but not this team. The important thing is we still picked up a point and are still four points clear. Good to see Morgan get a decent amount of time for his debut. I can see what MA means when he says Morgan is not quite fit - hopefully if he plays a full game against AS tomorrow that might help. There will be games like Saturdya, particularly against other top sides. On to a Tuesday (Pizza Cup) and Saturday (assuming it’s on 🤞). UTMI 👏

more like 4:4 we also rode our look for first 30 mins it took until 6th min for us to touch the ball.

more like 4:4 we also rode our look for first 30 mins it took until 6th min for us to touch the ball.
For all their early possession, Posh didn’t create any clear cut chances though. We, on the other hand, had good chances on the counter that were wasted. Another day, we may have won comfortably; it’s all whats, ifs, and maybes ...but we were well worth a point, and arguably three.

Having watched the 2nd half of Hull v Sunderland, and a couple of FA Cup games yesterday, it struck me how slow other teams are to build an attack. Often just reduced to a long hoof. -Compared to watching Lincoln. Especially Hull and Sunderland. Made me realise how good we are. Our fast attacking play carving through the opposition, crisp passing, the energy from all over the park. We are a different class to most teams in this division. Sure we come unstuck sometimes, but we just dust ourselves down and off we go again in the next game.

Having watched the 2nd half of Hull v Sunderland, and a couple of FA Cup games yesterday, it struck me how slow other teams are to build an attack. Often just reduced to a long hoof. -Compared to watching Lincoln. Especially Hull and Sunderland. Made me realise how good we are. Our fast attacking play carving through the opposition, crisp passing, the energy from all over the park. We are a different class to most teams in this division. Sure we come unstuck sometimes, but we just dust ourselves down and off we go again in the next game.
To be honest I thought that watching Arsenal v Newcastle as well, albeit they are EPL and not very good at that level. I was left thinking that we are more watchable than those teams.... Who would ever have thought it?

For all their early possession, Posh didn’t create any clear cut chances though. We, on the other hand, had good chances on the counter that were wasted. Another day, we may have won comfortably; it’s all whats, ifs, and maybes ...but we were well worth a point, and arguably three.

We keep saying this "on another day we would have won comfortably", it's becoming a theme...

At which point we gave it back immediately. I was wondering if the stress of covid in the camp had affected our lads' eyesight for the first 20 minutes. Genuinely don't think we passed to another red shirt for the first quarter of the game!