Match Thread: Lincoln City v Peterborough United | Page 22 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Peterborough United

According to ifollow, we haven't put a cross in yet. Forced by Peterborough or change of style because of no Hopper?

Strange half. We woke up in the last ten minutes, but otherwise Posh look sharper in thinking and movement. That said, we have created four great chances and should have had at least two goals if our players had looked up and squared the ball instead of trying to blast the net off.

this is reminding me a bit like the Sunderland and Portsmouth games. a little bit like the boys v men, where we've come unstuck. Our passing is off, we are slow to the 50-50's, and losing out in the air in the middle of the park. If i were Appleton, i would be doing something about it at half time. Formation change, or bring on a sub. Cant just leave it as it is. We were coming back into the game though, the last 15 minutes. A glimmer of hope. Scully has played well, as has Jackson, Grant and Johnson.

Having started the game sitting on our own 18 yard line, just like against Sunderland, and with the same result, I hope those tactics aren't employed again. It's just playing to Peterborough's strengths.

Bridcutt awful, at fault twice for the goal - the second error something a 10 year old would be shouted at for. Montsma asleep at the back for most of the half.

Well that wants deleting from the memory
We certainly can only get better and we’ve been let off the hook as that performance should leave us needing snooker’s in the second half
Bring on the new lad and let him go at them
1-1 written all over this

We have been very poor. But despite that still had the best two chances in the match . So there is still hope for us. Would like to see Morgan in second half .
Definitely missing Hopper.
Midfield lost battle at moment , we need to get some control there

MA confirms that Hopper and Walsh are not out through injury; assuming Harry is another one, does that mean the fourth one is a coach? David Kerslake, perhaps?

I was thinking Kerslake as Michael is usually stood with him but seems to be on his own today.

perhaps kerslake, Walsh, hopper and O’Donnell the coach are positives from club testing and Harry got an NHS one earlier.

Michael did say the players have not been well prepared when last week he said the players would know exactly what to do at Wimbledon.

My theory is we’ve had no coaching staff this week which is why we look a little disjointed.

Really poor second best to every 50/50 ball starting to think we are flat track bullies and cannot handle the big boys.

again like the Sunderland game we have had two golden chances and no composure again

wow, so disappointing. i know it's cold but all i can say is we froze. first ten was awful, either they are two gears better than us, or we are having a one-off collective mare for some reason.
having said that, just like the sunderland game, we had two golden chances, but not quite the quality to put them away.

first time i've seen seen jones and bridcutt really struggle. montsma also all over the place.

lucky to be 0-1, so we are still in it to a degree. time for a masterful appleton teamtalk. please, please start the second half with a bit more positivity.

uti

We’re looking good when we can break on them. They’re not good defensively. Best in the league I’ve seen going forward though.

Look at the positives, it’s only 1 and we’ve created some good chances.

Strange half. We played badly and I'm not sure if it is because we give the "big" teams too much respect or they are a step better than us. Should have scored though with Johnson or Howarths chances.

We miss Hopper badly. His hold up play really opens things up for Grant and others to be creative. Take it away and we look very average. I wonder if we will see Rogers for a spell in the second half. Still only down 1 - come on you Imps!

Not enjoying the fake noise sounds - very distracting.
Maybe that’s what’s putting our players off - they’re not used to any crowd noise 🤔

Was shaping up to be rerun of Sunderland, complete with missed chances. So at least still in it and playing better as half went on.
Bridcutt had woeful first 25 but has been much better since and that late block was class.

Really need a big second half improvement though

We need a spark today. Hopper is a huge miss as not only do we not have his contribution of hold up play, but it means that Johnson isn't able to attack from deeper.
Possibly a couple of very early changes needed. Rogers and Elbouzedi to pressure their three at the back and get running at them