Match Thread: Lincoln City v Peterborough United | Page 39 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Peterborough United

Much much better second half. Very disappointed having missed the penno, but with the positive hat on, a point in the bag, but if only 😫

FT. Clearly much much better in the second half and Posh tired probably. Real shame Jorge missed the penalty but at least we didn’t lose and are still top of the league. Sounds like a promising debut from Rogers. Onwards and upwards. All this is based on the commentary of Hortin & Thommo so I can’t vouch for its accuracy 🤔

Would have been happy with a point before the game but very disappointed to not have all 3. We should have had all 3. We had a hateful of chances and yet only forced the keeper in to one meaningful save all game. The penalty miss really took the wind out of our sails and we never really recovered. Missed opportunity for sure.

Football is a game of emotions. I went through a range of them there!

Should have won in the end but after the first half I don't feel that disappointed in spite of the penalty miss. I'm just pleased that we turned it around so dramatically in the second half and showed we are actually a good team that can quickly adapt and learn.

Might be a useful point in the context of the full season.

A shame about the penalty miss but I would have been happy with a point at the start of the game again a close rival. On to the next game and I wish the ill players and staff a quick recovery. Good to hear Thommo back as well.

after the first 45 would have gladly taken a point. hard to believe we then got ourselves into a position to toss away a great chance of three. at 1-1, posh a man down, and a pen, it really should have been. another golden opportunity.

posh fizzelled out to nothing in the second 45. strange game.

i think we've been in a battle today, especially the 1st half, they were all over us. Yet we've come out of it perhaps thinking we've dropped 2 points. Excellent game from Scully. I felt some of our players were below par today, but Peterboro are a good team. Mind you, how much do you think Dembele is worth? and how much does he think he's worth? If Sunderland can beat Hull tonight, we've opened up the gap from 4 to 5 points. Lets hope.

Rogers def not looking fully match fit so will be interesting to see how he does when up and running.

Overall though, we should have won, but after that first half, a points ok.

Football is a game of emotions. I went through a range of them there!

Should have won in the end but after the first half I don't feel that disappointed in spite of the penalty miss. I'm just pleased that we turned it around so dramatically in the second half and showed we are actually a good team that can quickly adapt and learn.

Might be a useful point in the context of the full season.

Very true

Lincoln will be disappointed not to get three points, but when you think about the coronavirus in the club, missing players, early Peterborough goal and missed penalty, then it is still a good point. Peterborough are the same gap behind and we move on. Great season so far. Keep going! UTI