Match Thread: Lincoln City v Oxford United | Page 17 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Oxford United

As bad as it sounds, the stats look like a 2-0 not a 6-0. 7 shots on target?

Everything they've hit has gone in. We've been very poor and as soon as the third went in straight after half time heads went down and they've been all over us. Two screamers as well, though I think Vickers thought the 5th goal was going over his head.

Playing like my old pub team, show up and run around without a clue. Yes we used to lose 0-6 most weeks as well.

Absolutely no positives at all to take from this debacle.
(Ironically, it was one of the better refereeing performances.)

After watching the last 3 performances I must admit I'm worried. The players look devoid of confidence and a bit leaderless. We've massively been sussed and forget plan B let's find a plan A. Struggling creating chances going forward and can't stop it coming the other way.

Today the game completely passed Morrell and Connoly by. No point having two holding midfielders if neither of them can actually stop an attack.

Appleton has a lot of work on his hands.

yikes. that was the harsh reality of L1.

the first 4 or 5 games must have been the honeymoon.
10 games in, teams at this level have had enough time to see our game plan and snuff it out. yet again, their keeper had absolutely nothing to do.

amazing how quickly players stop doing the simple teamwork when no-one is shouting it in their ear every 10 seconds.