Match Thread: Lincoln City v Oxford United | Page 3 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Oxford United

Its a difficult game but I think there were some good signs in the second half of the last two matches.

Not convinced we have a non tackling midfield, most of our defensive problems so far are from lack of organisation and shape, which is inevitable at this embryonic stage of this squads development.

We will almost inevitably improve as the season progresses. A mediocre start (because of the all the new partnerships needing to bed in) would not be a shock, however...

...certainly have n't rule out a home win though, as we have much more goal threat from more players than we had this time last season.

Looking forward to seeing what we can do.

Not going to bother with the live thing on YouTube.

The usual suspects get an invite...

Not getting hammered (not drink wise!!) and a reasonable performance will do for me. I expect the results to improve as the season progresses, but with a young squad there are bound to be bumps on the way. Won't be watching - I just can't stay indoors on a Saturday afternoon. Will listen to Radio Lincs until 3 and then walk with Mrs S and dog to watch an hour or two of local cricket. Will have my phone tuned in to the BBC match webpage to keep up to date with the score

Slightly concerned by the lack of bite in midfield. Nice to see an academy player starting, also feels like a strong bench. Seems like more of a squad rather than a firm 11 this year.