Match Thread: Lincoln City v Oldham Athletic | Page 16 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Oldham Athletic

A very satisfying evening. We managed the game very well after the red card and completely dominated the second half, just a shame we couldn't score more but it wasn't for want of trying. Toffolo, Pett, O'Hara and Rowe were all brilliant, and the second goal was one of the best we've scored all season.

Avoid defeat at Mansfield next week, and things are looking very rosy indeed.

Good night at the office. Unlucky not to have had 4 or 5 in the end. For once we really made the extra man count with some great moves down both flanks. With two extra days recovery time, we should be raring to go at Field Mill. Trouble is it means two extra days before the next Imp fix :cry:

I like this comment from the Oldham forum:

"Lincoln are a poor bunch of footballers, but their policy of overpowing [sic] the opposition works in this league."

Dead right, a poor bunch of footballers with four defeats all season.

If we have a poor bunch of footballers, what are their players?

Wow.

Couple of assist for O'Hara tonight. Had a solid last 3 or 4 games.

Fantastic return pass for Toffolo's goal, but Anderson provided the assist for Rowe's goal. Some great attacking football, lovely to see the midfield passing the ball forward and going for return balls.

Bolger was definitely booked for getting too involved before their player was sent off.

Last edited:
Scholes reckoned their players’ effort was ‘sensational’ after they went down to 10 men. Make of that what you will.

Excellent display from City tonight.

So, erm, was he at Sincil Bank? Most certainly watched a different match to him!

So, erm, was he at Sincil Bank? Most certainly watched a different match to him!

Sensational? Only thing that went well for Oldham after Baxters lunge was our own inability to not score more. It could have easily been 5-0.

Typical manager talking bowlaxe after they kicked us off the park, I thought we were supposed to be the cloggers!?

I seem to remember Mr Scholes was a bit of a thug as a player, a very good player mind!.
Best stick to promoting his brand in shoe insoles!

Fantastic performance tonight. Thought Toffallo and Bruno were excellent on the left and Pett was brilliant in the middle of the park. Rowe and Anderson didn’t do a bad job either. I would imagine D.C./NC would sleep well tonight.

On to the next cup final, Mansfield away on Monday.