Match Thread: Lincoln City v Nottingham Forest XI | Page 8 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Nottingham Forest XI

FWIW, my take on tonight, we played quite well with a very inexperienced side out against much better opposition. Smith and Bradley my pick of the bunch on show, Smith really kept us in the game second half with a few decent saves along with the penalty. Chapman and Anderson did okay, JAS did show flashes of what he can do but he and Harry needed more of the ball.
When Bozzie went off we were very susceptible to Forests pace on the break. Hard to judge the trialists, though thought the small short haired right back did quite well. After numerous changes we got even younger and even less experienced on the pitch so we did well to hang on, even though Forest made lots of changes too.
Overall an entertaining game with a very good crowd we would have loved to have for a league game over 3 seasons ago.
We do need more bodies, hopefully Petts knock isn’t serious and Bozzie will partner Bolger on Saturday. I imagine DC would have been pleased with our overall effort.

FWIW, my take on tonight, we played quite well with a very inexperienced side out against much better opposition. Smith and Bradley my pick of the bunch on show, Smith really kept us in the game second half with a few decent saves along with the penalty. Chapman and Anderson did okay, JAS did show flashes of what he can do but he and Harry needed more of the ball.
When Bozzie went off we were very susceptible to Forests pace on the break. Hard to judge the trialists, though thought the small short haired right back did quite well. After numerous changes we got even younger and even less experienced on the pitch so we did well to hang on, even though Forest made lots of changes too.
Overall an entertaining game with a very crowd we would have loved to have for a league game over 3 seasons ago.
We do need more bodies, hopefully Petts knock isn’t serious and Bozzie will partner Bolger on Saturday. I imagine DC would have been pleased with our overall effort.

Move over Makepeace and Hortin we have a new reporter with a fresh and succinct approach which includes a minute by minute live game update

take a bow Impish.

If I was Danny I would be having a word in Gboly Aribi's ear as he was terrific down the Forest left and they clearly don't want him... and especially if Andrade eventually heads off.

Garrett- Released by Doncaster in the summer. Born in Lincoln. age 22

Bonnie was in the Lincoln Academy set up until he was 16 when his family moved out to Spain. He returned for a trial at Bolton and got a deal then moved on to Doncaster. Had a loan at Eastleigh in the National League. He was an unused sub last week v Stoke. He has been on trial at Grimsby too.
Good lad, hard as nails and totally left footed.

I was impressed again with trialist D who I think was Jarvis Edobor? He proved tonight he can br flexible by playing a holding role in midfield then CB and finally LB. He could definitely be a useful squad player.
Looked confident, and clearly annoyed at the equaliser, which was good to see.

Some good reports on the triallists. Garrett and Edobor can’t be too expensive as young lads either. Must please DC.

Get the scarves out.

Bonnie was in the Lincoln Academy set up until he was 16 when his family moved out to Spain. He returned for a trial at Bolton and got a deal then moved on to Doncaster. Had a loan at Eastleigh in the National League. He was an unused sub last week v Stoke. He has been on trial at Grimsby too.
Good lad, hard as nails and totally left footed.

Would he be classed as home grown if he was in the academy. Need at least one in the 18 and that might tick another box