Match Thread: Lincoln City v Milton Keynes Dons | Page 15 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Milton Keynes Dons

That's twice in two matches Shack's got us out of jail. But what a buy. I noticed last week when the pressure was off the defence how he and Bossie were talking and organising themselves. What a great addition to the squad
Out of jail? In what sense? We've not smash and grabbed either game.

Out of jail? In what sense? We've not smash and grabbed either game.
Failing to beat Macclesfield would have been harsh on us. This week we were the better side overall but you could argue that MK performed well enough as the away side to deserve a point. In turn we were lucky in some of the other games we have played but also ought to have had a point against Crawley. The good teams consistently or often find a way as DC would say. That is what makes the difference over a league season as opposed to the luck of a cup game.

Joe just a little tip. When you do a player by player breakdown you have to get the basics right as your credentials get blown to pieces. Mensah is totally left footed, put the crosses in with his left foot but the corner for the winner was put in right footed by Andrade. It was an inswinger from the left and Mensah was in the 6 yard box when Shackell scored.

Yeah I wasn’t sure who put it in at the time of writing, hence the question mark. I do take your point about it being an inswinger though and probably should thought on about that. Still thought he put it the most dangerous crosses for us in the short time he was on the pitch though.

That corner was the only decent one all game. Andrade will win us corner after corner. We really need to work on making them count.

It really was, the worked corners to give the ball to Pett worked ok, but should then cross rather than give it to O’connor who had no width to work with. With regards to Mensah I was I was more referring to crosses from open play, so many seemed over hit yesterday. Sort the crossing out and we could be explosive.

Mensah took a minute or two to settle into the game, but then looked purposeful and the crosses he did put in looked pretty good to me.

Some idiot on their site is suggesting our stadium is a poo hole.

I assume as they have probably only watched football for 15 years if they think that. That said it can’t be that long as didn’t they play in that awful hockey stadium
Probably never went to Plough Lane....Oh wait, wrong team.

Some idiot on their site is suggesting our stadium is a poo hole.

I assume as they have probably only watched football for 15 years if they think that. That said it can’t be that long as didn’t they play in that awful hockey stadium

All things are relative. Stadium has been there for 100 years, give or take, with adjustment ( bit longer than MK Dons). Bearing in mind we've also had no money (unlike some clubs ) or investors until the last year or so, plus have just spent 6 years in non-league. All in all we're getting there. Just got to make the best of what we have in the meantime.

Parts of Sincil Bank are undoubtably quite poor if you are used to their stadium, which is probably the best in the lower leagues. Wait till we go there and then compare the two: seating, bars, food outlets, toilets, parking etc But where we gain is through the great atmosphere generated by our fans, which enhances the experience. Having history, a Lancaster and winning regularly also helps.

But all parts of Sincil Bank are very well used (these days) whereas the vast amount of Stadium MK are unused ever.

Sincil bank isn't perfect but there are plenty of much worse grounds around. Some people just like to find something to snipe at if they lose don't they.

Lord knows I did it enough going to the arse end of Telford, Tamworth and Alfreton and watching us get beat...