Match Thread: Lincoln City v Milton Keynes Dons | Page 29 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Milton Keynes Dons

I was an early critic of Tayo Edun. I say, mea culpa. He is rapidly becoming my favourite player. Superb tonight and pushing a man for MoM who scored a hat-trick!

I hope he gets his own chant when we all return to SB. He deserves it.
He has improved a great deal, and always looks better suited to midfield imo. I think the earlier criticism was justified, based on performances at the time. just as the praise now is justified based on current performances.

Bramall is already settling in and improving. hopefully the same will apply to Poole in due course. Pointing out a player’s errors shouldn’t be off limits on a football forum.

I was an early critic of Tayo Edun. I say, mea culpa. He is rapidly becoming my favourite player. Superb tonight and pushing a man for MoM who scored a hat-trick!

I hope he gets his own chant when we all return to SB. He deserves it.

I could suggest Day-O blends easily with Tayo but as that is subtitled the Banana boat song I'm not sure it's appreciated nowadays

He has improved a great deal, and always looks better suited to midfield imo. I think the earlier criticism was justified, based on performances at the time. just as the praise now is justified based on current performances.

Bramall is already settling in and improving. hopefully the same will apply to Poole in due course. Pointing out a player’s errors shouldn’t be off limits on a football forum.
Bramall better tonight. Final ball and defensive qualities still a worry tho. Cracking goal.

We got frustrated in the first half, Appleton settled them down and tweaked things which gave us more men around the ball when they made mistakes. Really pleased to see Rogers press harder, win more tackles which he benefitted from. I still think that Poole isn't the player Eyoma is and is an opinion and not a criticism. Appleton picks the team and knows best. Please let posters have an opinion as long as it's put across in a constructive way it creates debate and we all admire different strengths in players, passing, pace, skill, strength , desire and will to win, that's why we see things differently. If other posters shoot opinions down then there's no point in sharing in our thoughts. Up the imps.

In the first half we were not at all good. We struggle against teams that press high and restrict us breaking through the centre and we were easily contained in the first 45.

Even I could see, and I usually pay little attention to this kind of thing, that they left three back, so our punts upfield were easily taken by their defenders. The only time we troubled them was when they gifted the ball to us.

From the start of the second half we put more pressure on their defence and sure enough they soon made another mistake for the breakthrough goal and the second killed the game, thank goodness. After that it could have been anything and we played with bags more confidence. So thanks to MK Dons for (hopefully) playing us into form.

MK Dons don't have the balance right with that sort of game, maybe it's down to their personnel? They broke through us in the first half quite a few times but whereas we would have had runners and chances from those positions they seemed to end up going backwards. I was a bit surprised as that Fraser of theirs is a very useful player.

And Steve Thompson was missing the point a bit. Possession football isn't just about attacking, it's a very effective way of defending too if you can do it right. But they had it wrong at both ends tonight.

And although Johnson could have received two quick cards which the ref let him off with, they also missed the fact that MK's Laird did exactly the same thing. I don't think they even knew on comms that Laird had been booked a couple of minutes before he went steaming into (I think) Poole.
Always look forward to your angle on things BB .Spot on as usual especially regarding Laird who had two naughty ones that could have seen him walk. I must say though that I was confident from about 10 mins in we would win . MK were shocking

We got frustrated in the first half, Appleton settled them down and tweaked things which gave us more men around the ball when they made mistakes. Really pleased to see Rogers press harder, win more tackles which he benefitted from. I still think that Poole isn't the player Eyoma is and is an opinion and not a criticism. Appleton picks the team and knows best. Please let posters have an opinion as long as it's put across in a constructive way it creates debate and we all admire different strengths in players, passing, pace, skill, strength , desire and will to win, that's why we see things differently. If other posters shoot opinions down then there's no point in sharing in our thoughts. Up the imps.
I found two Lincoln Vital posters in an underground bunker this morning .I explained to them that the Sunderland game was now long long gone The apocalypse had not taken place and it was safe to come up.

I found two Lincoln Vital posters in an underground bunker this morning .I explained to them that the Sunderland game was now long long gone The apocalypse had not taken place and it was safe to come up.
It's not that one in Scotland is it?

That's supposed to be secret...