Match Thread: Lincoln City v Milton Keynes Dons | Page 32 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Milton Keynes Dons

Noticeable on the highlights how Rogers didn't press too much in the first half clip, perhaps an deliberate team effort to stand off, be organised and save energy given it's only the second game in after the Covid break.

Excellent reverse pass from Rogers for Johnson's first and a well worked goal for the second.

MK Dons would bore you to tears if you had to watch that every week, wouldn't they? They seem very focussed on possession full stop rather than useful possession. They had a piece in The Athletic the other week about it and it almost seems like it's a crown for MK and Russ Martin and that's what they're judging themselves against. Given their high possession percentage, GF of 55 and GA of 58 would point to lots of wasted possession and a big weakness whilst having it as well i.e. turnovers like our first and second goals last night). I can imagine when crowds are back in that opposition fans will get a little restless over the amount of possession they have.

That said, I like Russ Martin, though. I think once he gets rid of that U23 ideology of perfect football and works out a way use it more efficiently (probably in a similar way Appleton has through his career) then he'll be one to look out for.

Looking at the 4th I'm not sure it has gone over the line before Poole makes sure. Loads of spin on that ball
I haven’t seen the latest highlights but I have to say on Ifollow it looked to be clearly over the line, there was definitely green between the ball and the line

Possession is all well and good but what's the point when your keeper has more touches of the ball than your centre forward?

Poole definitely tapped it in for me too.
Copy of my post on the match highlights thread.

99% agree with you. Keeper saves it on to the post and the ball then bounces along the line giving the impression it is over when in fact it is in the air, thus looking like it is over. Unless we have a straight on camera angle we will not know for sure, but if not given to Bramall, it should be Poole's as he clearly makes sure. Interestingly he didn't run away claiming the goal, but I suspect it was because he didn't want to steal the limelight from Bramall. Given it has not been declared to Bramall now, I think there should be a review to determine if it could be given to Poole instead and see if anyone can actually pause the footage on the two bounces of the ball to decide if it was clearly over each occasion.

Surely the data from the ref's goalline tech would be available for analysis to determine the Poole/Own goal? Could the data be cross-checked with the video? Or is that wishful thinking?

If I had been there last night in my regular seat (bloody covid!) I would have seen easily if Poole tapped it in before it crossed the line as we sit in lower 1 of the coop (JIC area) and have a great view of that goal.