Match Thread: Lincoln City v Milton Keynes Dons | Page 31 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Milton Keynes Dons

What a strange game of football. Credit to us for a much improved second half but MK were a bad joke from start to finish. Who would pay to watch that nonsense from them. One swallow does not a summer make, but tentative signs this week that we might be getting a bit of our mojo back.

Archibald really has had an odd Lincoln City career so far, seems to have had a different injury/illness most of the season

Well, as others have said, a scrappy first half, with Edun our best player in the half.

Michael Appleton deserves a lot of credit for identifying what to do against Milton Keynes after the break, although if I was one of their supporters I would have been disgusted at their shambles of a display in the second half - but I would guess that on their Forum they will be complaining that Johnson shouldn't still have been on the pitch.

Have to say a player who scores a hat-trick is the man of any match, but otherwise I'd say Edun.

Little went right for Scully tonight, and Morton battled in vain for most of the match. In terms of effectiveness he reminds me of the way Hopper was playing when he came into the side last season. I wonder perhaps whether he's also still suffering from his long injury lay-off.

Bramall deserved to be credited with the goal, but after seeing it just a couple of times it looked as if the goalkeeper pushed the ball onto the post, it rebounded back onto him and went into the net. To be fair, Og was overdue a goal with only one this season before tonight.

I noticed Lewington was booked for them after the final whistle.

Re Howarth and Archibald's absence, Appleton said post-match that the former was suffering from blistered feet and Archibald was ill (not Covid).
Would have thought it would beBramall who would have blistered feet 🤔😳😂

Start off with praise for 2 groups who never get praise here - thought the ref and commentators were fantastic today. Commentators seemed fairer than you normally have to deal with and weren’t making silly mistakes. Ref could have sent off Johnson but think he made the correct decision given it was a foul on Surman he kicked the ball away from. Ref was fair between the 2 teams, went back for yellows and remained in control.

I think overall we took advantage of the chances provided by MK through good pressing as a team. They were pretty bad tbh and looked like they could have done with the 3 players we got from them. Their left winger seemed decent though, probably one of the better wingers in the league. Lewington still playing at this level is a complete mystery to me.

Thought our whole midfield had a good game. Scully did a lot of pressing and harrying and whilst didn’t get too many touches, thought he was vital in making them make mistakes. Don’t understand the criticism of Poole, gave a good performance against their best player.

Unable to see the game last night but have now seen the highlights. Great finishes from Brennan for all three goals and two great assists from Rogers. What a time for him to hit form. Cohen very unlucky with his free kick being an OG but they all count and should do his confidence no harm. Sounds like Walshes presence is the key and it’s no surprise that with him back we have had two decent results. Big bonus was moving back up to forth making the Bristol game a real chance to put some air between us and the pack and get those play off ambitions back on track. UTI 👊💥